Article updated: December 14, 2022
Types of reports in Analytics
Choose from a number of report types, including organic, performance, and overview reports. Open report views to get an overview of your social performance or use pre-built templates to create different reports depending on your plan type. Learn how to create a report in Analytics.
Select All reports to view and manage all your reports in Analytics. Learn how to manage your Analytics reports.
Learn how your posts are performing on social, find out when to post to increase engagement, or review how efficiently your team supports your audience and customers on social. Check out the following report views and links for more information:
- Post performance - Review your overall post performance
- Best time to publish - Discover the best times to post
- Team performance - Track your team's performance (Enterprise plan members only)
Note: If you’re new to Hootsuite Analytics, you’ll see reports that we’ve created and pinned for you to help get you started analyzing your social performance.
Find out how your results and content strategy compare to the average in your industry and to your selected competitors. Check out the following report views and links for more information:
- Industry benchmarking - Compare your performance with your industry average
- Competitive analysis - Analyze your competitors' content strategies
Track performance toward your social goals with pre-built report templates.
- Brand awareness - See how your brand is performing on social media. Review your audience impressions and engagement across your social accounts.
- Audience growth - Track the size of your audience across your social accounts.
- Post reach - Track the number of post views and see which were the most popular.
- Inbound engagement - Discover what your audience is saying about you.
- Post engagement - Understand how engaged your audience is with the content you publish.
- Link clicks - Understand how much traffic you are getting to your shared social links.
- Ow.ly link clicks - Track your Ow.ly link clicks and traffic.
- Multiple networks - Get a side-by-side comparison of the most important metrics for all of your social networks. See the evolution of your followers and fans, correlations between your posting activity and engagement over time, plus sentiment ratings on comments posted by your audience.
Monitor your content’s visibility and engagement on each social network with pre-built report templates.
- Facebook - Facebook overview, Facebook audience, and Facebook engagement.
- Twitter -Twitter overview, Twitter audience, and Twitter engagement.
- Instagram Business - Instagram overview, Instagram audience, and Instagram engagement.
- LinkedIn Pages - LinkedIn overview, LinkedIn audience, and LinkedIn engagement.
- LinkedIn profiles - LinkedIn personal posts.
- TikTok Business - TikTok overview, TikTok audience, and TikTok engagement.
Create your own custom reports from scratch and track the metrics and results that matter to you. Learn how to create a custom report.
Depending on your plan type and add-ons, you may also have access to the following report views and pre-built templates:
- Amplify reporting - Track and review engagement for your Amplify posts and compare your results with others in your organization.
- Team - Create team reports to see how quickly and efficiently your teams support customers and prospects.
- Insights reporting - Make sense of millions of customer conversations happening in real-time, stay on top of trends, and set strategies with confidence.
- Impact reporting - Analyze and compare results and track return on investment (ROI) for your organic, paid, and dark social media posts.
Ad Analytics reporting -Review how people interact with your ads and how effective your ads and campaigns are at driving conversions.
- Apps - Use advanced Unmetric Twitter metrics to analyze engagement and content.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days continue to update as you work. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post metrics data for dates as early as January 1, 2018.
Get to the reports you use most
Your reports and report views are yours to customize. You can move pins, pin, and unpin reports to the My reports section of the left navigation so you can quickly access them again and again.
- To move or unpin a report, point to a pinned report in the left navigation and select the pin to move or unpin the report.
- To pin a report, go to All reports, open a report, select More actions, and then select Pin.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help