Article updated: August 12, 2022
Types of reports in Analytics
Choose from a number of report types, including organic, performance, and overview reports. Open report views to get an overview of your social performance or use pre-built templates to create different reports depending on your plan type. Learn how to create a report in Analytics.
Select All reports to view and manage all your reports in Analytics. Learn how to manage your Analytics reports.
Learn how your posts are performing on social, find out when to post to increase engagement, or review how efficiently your team supports your audience and customers on social. Check out the following report views and links for more information:
- Post performance - Review your overall post performance
- Best time to publish - Discover the best times to post
- Team performance - Track your team's performance (Enterprise plan members only)
Note: If you’re new to Hootsuite Analytics, you’ll see reports that we’ve created and pinned for you to help get you started analyzing your social performance.
Track performance toward your social goals with pre-built report templates.
- Brand awareness - See how your brand is performing on social media. Review your audience impressions and engagement across your social accounts.
- Audience growth - Track the size of your audience across your social accounts.
- Post reach - Track the number of post views and see which were the most popular.
- Video reach - Keep track of video views on each social network.
- Inbound engagement - Discover what your audience is saying about you.
- Post engagement rate - Understand how engaged your audience is with the content you publish.
- Post engagement overview - Follow how your audience engaged with your content on each social network.
- Video engagement overview - See how your audience received your videos.
- Link clicks - Understand how much traffic you are getting to your shared social links.
- Ow.ly link clicks - Track your Ow.ly link clicks and traffic.
Track and share your social performance with pre-built overview report templates. The following metrics are available (by report type):
- Facebook overview - Posts, Fans, Engagement, Traffic, Posts by Page, Fans by Page, Engagement by type, Traffic by Page, Inbound messages by sentiment, Posts table, Video views table.
- Instagram overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Post video views, Posts by account, Followers by account, Engagement by type, Inbound messages by sentiment, Posts table, Video views table.
- Twitter overview - Tweets, Followers, Engagement, Traffic, Tweets by account, Followers by account, Engagement by type, Traffic by account, Inbound messages by sentiment, Tweets table.
- LinkedIn overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Page clicks, Posts by Page, Followers by Page, Engagement by type, Page clicks by Page, Posts table, Page impressions, Page reach, Page engagement rate.
- TikTok overview - Profile views, Total likes, Comments, Shares, Post video views, Followers, Posts.
- Mixed overview
- Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Instagram followers, LinkedIn followers.
- Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram posts, LinkedIn posts.
- Facebook engagement, Twitter engagement, Instagram engagement, LinkedIn engagement.
- Facebook engagement by type, Twitter engagement by type, Instagram engagement by type, LinkedIn engagement by type.
- Facebook traffic, Twitter traffic, Facebook traffic by Page, Twitter traffic by account, Facebook Page content clicks, Facebook post clicks, LinkedIn Page clicks, LinkedIn post clicks, Facebook referral traffic, Twitter clicks by referrer, Twitter clicks by country.
- Facebook inbound messages by sentiment, Facebook posts table, Twitter inbound messages by sentiment, Tweets table, Instagram inbound messages by sentiment, Instagram posts table, LinkedIn posts table. Find out more about how Hootsuite Analytics determine sentiment.
Monitor your content’s visibility and engagement on each social network with pre-built report templates.
- Facebook: Facebook audience, Facebook engagement, Facebook publishing, Facebook video, Paid versus organic and viral videos, Twitter and Facebook social presence.
- Twitter: Twitter audience, Twitter engagement, Twitter publishing, Twitter and Facebook social presence.
- Instagram Business: Instagram engagement, Instagram audience, Instagram publishing.
- LinkedIn Pages: LinkedIn engagement, LinkedIn publishing.
- LinkedIn Profiles: LinkedIn personal posts.
- TikTok Business: TikTok audience, TikTok publishing.
Create your own custom reports from scratch and track the metrics and results that matter to you. Learn how to create a custom report.
Depending on your plan type and add-ons, you may also have access to the following report views and pre-built templates:
- Amplify reporting - Track and review engagement for your Amplify posts and compare your results with others in your organization.
- Team - Create team reports to see how quickly and efficiently your teams support customers and prospects.
- Insights reporting - Make sense of millions of customer conversations happening in real-time, stay on top of trends, and set strategies with confidence.
- Impact reporting - Analyze and compare results and track return on investment (ROI) for your organic, paid, and dark social media posts.
Ad analytics reporting -Review how people interact with your ads and how effective your ads and campaigns are at driving conversions.
- Apps - Use advanced Unmetric Twitter metrics to analyze engagement and content.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days continue to update as you work. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post metrics data for dates as early as January 1, 2018.
Get to the reports you use most
Your reports and report views are yours to customize. You can move pins, pin, and unpin reports to the My reports section of the left navigation so you can quickly access them again and again.
- To move or unpin a report, point to a pinned report in the left navigation and select the pin to move or unpin the report.
- To pin a report, go to All reports, open a report, select More actions, and then select Pin.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help