Overview of Analytics
You can use Analytics to measure the overall performance of your social media activity across multiple social networks. Analytics measures organic, owned, and earned metrics on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Enterprise plan members can also measure customer support metrics, such as average response times and interaction volume (see Analyze team performance).
Depending on your subscription type, Analytics may include the following four types of information:
- Quick views - View overall post performance, team performance, suggestions for best times to publish, and Amplify engagement. Post performance displays your published content with an overview on how it was received by your audience. Team performance displays results for key metrics like team productivity, response time, and resolution time. Best time to publish shows personalized suggestions for the optimal days and times to publish on social, based on your past post performance. The Amplify Leaderboard shows engagement metrics for your Amplify posts and a leaderboard where you can compare your results with others in your organization.
- Impact - Track social results and ROI with Impact in Analytics. You can view results for all your organic, paid, and dark social media posts and identify the content that your audience finds most engaging.
- My reports - Generate customizable and shareable reports geared to your organization. You can display mixed overview reports and customizable reports for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Apps - Use advanced Unmetric Twitter metrics to analyze engagement and content.
Open Hootsuite and go to Analytics.
Analytics data access
Hootsuite collects analytics data as soon as a social profile connects to Hootsuite.
Note: Hootsuite Analytics only retrieves data for public posts. Unpublished (dark) posts are not supported in Analytics. Hootsuite does not collect data retroactively.
- Post-level metrics attribute data to specific posts and report the day each post was published. These metrics report on all posts published during the selected time frame.
- Page-level metrics attribute data to the page and the day each engagement occurred. These metrics report on all engagements that occurred during the selected time frame. These are aggregate metrics for all page posts, regardless of when the posts were published. Facebook Pages require at least 30 likes before metrics can be returned for them. This requirement is the same on Facebook.com.
Let’s say you’re comparing Facebook Page analytics reports from April to March and wondering how Page impressions increased if Post impressions decreased. Post impressions display the impressions for just the posts that were published in March and April. Page impressions displays impressions for all posts on the Page, regardless of when they were published. Page impressions may have increased in April because, in addition to posts in March and April, posts in February were still generating good engagement.
Numeric analytics data (for example, numbers of replies, comments, likes) is stored indefinitely. However, Hootsuite stops updating analytics data for posts older than one month, even if they generate additional engagement.
Analytics data (for posts) is stored with the following limits:
- Inbound posts are stored for 13 months.
- Outbound posts are stored indefinitely (since October 2017).
- Tables of posts display the last 13 months of data.
- A social account is disconnected or reconnected within a selected time frame. Because data collection stops when a social account is disconnected, the data for that time frame may be incomplete. Ensure you check data for the selected time frame and, if applicable, the comparison time frame.
- If you are loading more than 500 accounts per social network into your report, some tiles in your report will include a partial data set. For a full report that includes all the accounts you selected, export or schedule an email export. See Export an Analytics report for more information.
If an account is disconnected and then reconnected, old data will be accessible. Hootsuite does not collect or display data for the period of time that the account was disconnected.