Article updated: August 12, 2022
Create a report in Analytics
Create reports to track and analyze how effective your posts, accounts, and activities are on social. Analytics provides a variety of report templates that are pre-built with key metrics to measure your results on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Twitter.
You can also create your own custom reports and track the results that matter to you. There is no limit to the number of reports you can create.
Plans: This feature is not available to Free plan members. To change your plan type, see Upgrade your Hootsuite plan type.
Create a report using a report template
Hootsuite provides a variety of pre-built report templates to choose from. Each one includes a description and a list of the key metrics to make report creation easy.
- Go to Analytics and select New report.
- Enter a search term into the search box at the top to quickly find a report template. You can also select a report category on the left. Options differ depending on your plan. Learn more about available report types on Analytics.
- Select Create report. The report is automatically generated and displayed for you to view or configure.
Tip: Not sure which reports to focus on? Select Getting started to create reports that track your brand’s visibility on social, as well as your audience growth and engagement with your brand. You can also select one of the goals categories (Awareness, Engagement, or Conversion) to create reports that track your social results against business goals.
Create a custom report
If you’re familiar with metrics or just want to track your own specific results, you have the option to create a custom report.
- In Analytics, select New report.
- Select Custom report, and then select Create report.
- Select Analytics to view all the metrics available in the Analytics Metrics library.
- Enter a search term into the search box at the top to quickly find a metric. You can also select a social network category on the left. Check out the complete list of metrics in Analytics.
- Select Add to add a metric to your report. When you have finished adding metrics, close the Add a new metric window. Find out more about adding metrics to a report.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help