Article updated: September 13, 2021
Promote a post in Ads
When you have a Facebook Page post that is performing well organically, you can boost it with ad spend to maximize its reach. In Hootsuite Ads you can choose one or more posts from a list of your Page’s content, and then create a campaign to promote that post.
Promote a specific post
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New Campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select the Page tab, select Page post, and then elect Proceed.Tip: If your Page lists a physical address, Hootsuite Ads categorizes it as a Place. If you don’t see a Page tab, select the Place tab instead. They both have the same campaign options.
- Select your Facebook Page from the list, and then select Promote Specific Posts.
- Select one or more posts from the list, or search by Post ID. Posts that are eligible for boosting on Instagram have an Instagram icon.
Note: Due to a Facebook limitation, Hootsuite Ads retrieves Page posts from the previous three months only. Posts that are older than three months are not eligible for promotion.
- Review the previews of your boosted posts.
- Optional: If the selected post(s) contains an offsite link, add goal tracking to the boosted post.
- Select Proceed and complete your campaign set up as usual.