Promote a post in Ads
When you have a Facebook Page post that is performing well organically, you can boost it with ad spend to maximize its reach. In Hootsuite Ads you can choose one or more posts from a list of your Page’s content, and then create a campaign to promote that post.
Promote a specific post
- In Hootsuite Ads, select New Campaign.
- Enter a name for your campaign select the ad account to use, and add any tags if applicable.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select the Page tab, and then select Page post.Tip: If your Page lists a physical address, Hootsuite Ads categorizes it as a Place. If you don’t see a Page tab, select the Place tab instead. They both have the same campaign options.
- Select Proceed.
- Select your Facebook Page from the list, and then select Promote Specific Posts.
- Select one or more posts from the list, or search by Post ID. Posts that are eligible for boosting on Instagram have an Instagram icon.
Note: Due to a Facebook limitation, Hootsuite Ads retrieves Page posts from the previous three months only. Posts that are older than three months are not eligible for promotion.
- Review the previews of your boosted posts.
- Optional: If the selected post(s) contains an offsite link, add goal tracking to the boosted post.
- Proceed as usual to set up your campaign audience and budget.