Article updated: August 15, 2022
Create a video views campaign
You can use video views ad campaigns to promote brand awareness and drive more video views without having to use an external website. This campaign type is available to all placements.
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select New campaign.
- On the Facebook tab, enter a name for your campaign and select an ad account.
- In the What do you want to promote? section, select Video Views, and then select Proceed.
- On the Ads Design page, select your Facebook page, and then specify the elements of your ad creative (headline and ad text).
- Select Upload new video or Select from your gallery and choose the video you want to include in your ad.
- Once your video is uploaded, select a thumbnail for the video from your gallery or a video frame, or select Upload new image to upload a custom thumbnail image.
- Optional: Upload SRT files to include captions with your video. See Include captions with video ads for more information.
- Optional: Select Add Video + to run a split test between one or more videos and find out which one converts best.
- Optional: Select Standard Link or choose to create a Facebook Instant Experience. URLs are not mandatory. If you do not specify a URL, CTAs and headlines are not included.
- In the Placement & Previews section, select your ad placement options.
- In the Goal Tracking section, select how you want to measure goal conversions for your campaign, and then select Proceed. ,
- On the Audience page, define your target audience and select Proceed.
- On the Budget & Bidding page, you can optimize for ThruPlay or 2-Second continuous video views.
- Complete your ad campaign as usual.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help