Article updated: December 21, 2023
Build campaigns with Facebook ad templates
You can create ad templates for your pre-approved and proven ad creatives to save time when building Facebook campaigns. Ad templates let you define all the creative elements of an ad in advance, and save them in your Asset Manager. You can keep templates organized in your Asset Manager folders.
Ad templates also give you new possibilities for split testing. Instead of testing permutations of individual creative elements like image and title, you can split test completely different ads with different creative types.
Create an ad template
- On the Hootsuite Ads home page, select Tools, and then select Asset Manager from the list.
- Select New Asset, and then select Ad Template.
- Select an ad type for the template, and then select Next.
- Complete each field to define the ad’s creative, and then select Save.
If you want to edit or delete an ad template from the Asset Manager list, select the gear icon next to the template and select Edit or Delete item from the list.
When you edit an ad template, currently running ads that use the original template do not change. Only new campaigns use the updated ad template. You can also edit ads individually without changing the ad template.
Use an ad template in a campaign
- On the Ads Design page, select Test Ad Templates, and then select Choose your ad.
- In the Asset Manager, select one or more ad templates, and then select Use (#) Ad(s).
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help