Article updated: October 20, 2021
Hootsuite Academy FAQ
This article answers frequently asked questions about Hootsuite Academy.
Is the platform training really free? What's the catch?
Hootsuite Platform training is indeed 100% free. All learning materials, including videos, workbooks, samples, and templates are free.
The first two lessons of the Advanced Social Advertising course are provided as a free demo.
The Social Selling, Social ROI and Value Analysis, and Advanced Social Media Strategy courses are not free.
Approximately how much time does it take to complete a course?
- Social Marketing - 6 hours
- Hootsuite Platform - 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Advanced Social Advertising - 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Social Selling - 2 hours
- Social ROI and Value Analysis - 3 hours
- Advanced Social Media Strategy - Eight lessons with an average completion time of 5 hours per lesson (40 hours total)
Is there a deadline to complete the course?
Hootsuite Academy courses (with the exception of Advanced Social Marketing Strategy), are self-paced. You can complete them on a schedule that works for you. That said, we recommend completing the course within 30 days of enrolling to maximize learning and retention.
You can access Advanced Social Marketing Strategy training for one year from the purchase date.
Do you offer nonprofit discounts?
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for volume discounts. See Hootsuite for nonprofits.
How do I prepare for the Social Marketing exam?
The exam is based on our Social Marketing Training course which covers the fundamentals of social marketing. We recommend reviewing the course before taking the exam.
How do I prepare for the Hootsuite Platform exam?
The free Hootsuite Platform Training is a series of video tutorials that cover essential knowledge for working in Hootsuite. Topics include publishing content, engaging with followers and prospects, and running social media campaigns and contests.
What certificates are offered through Hootsuite Academy?
Hootsuite Academy offers education and certifications in Social Marketing, Hootsuite, Advanced Social Advertising, Social Selling, Social ROI and Value Analysis, and Advanced Social Media Strategy.
Does my certification expire?
Once achieved, your certification is yours to keep and does not expire.
I am Hootsuite University certified, is this the same as Hootsuite Platform certification?
Hootsuite Platform training is based on a newer, improved curriculum. Your Hootsuite University certification is still valid.
About how much time does it take to complete an exam?
- Social Marketing certification exam - 60 multiple choice questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it. The minimum passing grade for the exam is 80%. Learn more at Hootsuite Academy.
- Hootsuite Platform certification exam - 50 multiple choice questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it. The minimum passing grade for the exam is 75%. Learn more at Hootsuite Academy.
- Advanced Social Advertising exam - 50 multiple choice questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it. The minimum passing grade for the exam is 75%. Learn more at Hootsuite Academy.
- Social ROI and Value Analysis exam - 40 multiple choice questions and you’ll have 60 minutes to complete it. The minimum passing grade for the exam is 80%. Learn more at Hootsuite Academy.
- Social Selling exam - 40 multiple choice questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it. The minimum passing grade for the exam is 80%. Learn more at Hootsuite Academy.
How much does certification cost?
Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification is $199USD.
Hootsuite Platform Certification is $99USD.
Hootsuite Advanced Social Advertising Training & Certification is $249USD.
Hootsuite Social ROI and Value Analysis Training & Certification is $249USD.
Hootsuite Social Selling Training & Certification is $299USD.
Does Hootsuite Academy offer Certificates of Completion?
Hootsuite Academy does not offer certificates of completion. Certificates of Achievement are available for those who successfully pass certification exams.
How do I get my certificate?
Once you have passed the certification exam, you will automatically receive an email containing your certificate. See Add your Academy certification to LinkedIn
Technical and payment questions
What happens if I fail the exam? Do I have to pay again?
No. You can take the exam until you get a passing grade. We strongly encourage you to review all courseware before reattempting an exam.
Do you save my progress?
The videos aren't loading - what's wrong?
If you’re having trouble, please try the following:
- Clear your cache.
- Restart your browser.
If that doesn't work, please try using a different browser. Browser add-ons can interfere with the way content is displayed. Sometimes, simply switching to a different browser resolves the problem!
My payment is not accepted - why?
A payment error may occur due to the following:
- Insufficient funds.
- Card type error. Our payment processor may not accept the card you are trying to use.
- Cookies or caching issue with your browser.
Once you’ve confirmed that you have sufficient funds for the transaction, please try the following to correct the issue:
- Sign into your Hootsuite Academy account in Incognito mode on Chrome to purchase the certificate (this eliminates any caching or cookies issues).
- Try a different credit card.
How do I redeem a coupon?
- On the checkout page, select “Have a coupon?” which opens the coupon field.
- Enter your coupon and select APPLY.
- Check that the coupon has been successfully applied - the order total will reflect the discount offered.
Can I get a refund?
Hootsuite Academy does not provide refunds. Many of our materials are available for free or as a demo, so you can check out the program to see if it fits your needs before you purchase it.
I would like to enroll my entire team - can I do it at once?
Hootsuite Academy is designed to support individual learners. Please have your team members enroll individually, with a separate account for each team member. To purchase in volume, send us a private Facebook message or a tweet.
I would like to check my employee’s progress - how can I do that?
Progress per course is displayed on course cards once you have enrolled in a course. Please direct your employee to login and select My Enrollments to view all the progress for the training and certifications they have enrolled in.