Video is an increasingly popular ad type, especially to promote brand awareness. Video is also proven to have a large organic reach on Facebook.
To create a video ad
- Click New campaign on the main navigation bar and proceed to create your campaign as usual.
- On the Ads Design step (2), click Videos to upload videos instead of Pictures.
- Click Upload new video or Select from your gallery.
If your video is over 60 seconds long, deselect Instagram as a placement under Placement & Previews first to ensure the upload is successful.
- Once your video is uploaded, select a thumbnail for the video, or click Upload new image to upload a custom thumbnail image.
- Optional: Click Add Video + to run a split test between one or more videos and find out which one converts best.
- Optional: Check the Create Video Custom Audience box to create a custom audience of users who began viewing your video, watched the whole video, or watched a specific portion of the video.
Once your campaign is live, monitor the performance of your video ads in your campaign’s Dashboard in the Relevance and Engagement section.