Article updated: August 03, 2022
Reconnect a social account to Impact
Trouble with your Impact data? This may happen when a social or website analytics account disconnects. To fix this, reconnect your accounts.
Hootsuite Impact connects to social and website analytics accounts using access tokens granted by each platform. These tokens may expire or require reconnection for different reasons such as software updates or password changes. Learn more about why accounts disconnect.
When an account disconnects, a banner will appear to let you know that there are connections you need to resolve. The last user who connected the account to Impact will also receive an email directing them to sign in to Impact and resolve the connection.
Resolve a problem with a connection to Impact
You must have the correct permissions to reconnect an account. For details on the permissions you need, see the following:
- Connect your accounts to Impact
- Connect a Google Analytics account to Impact
- Connect an Adobe Analytics account to Impact
Anyone with the correct permissions and login information can resolve a disconnection.
- Sign out of the disconnected organic accounts, ad accounts, and website analytics accounts.
- Go to My other products, and then select Go to Impact. Impact opens in a new tab.
- Select Connections, and then select Unresolved Connections.
- Select Resolve next to a connection.
- Select Authorize+Connect.
- Follow the prompts to authorize and connect to Hootsuite Impact.
Note: Please allow up to 24 hours for Impact to restore data missed during the disconnection. The last 30 days of data will be restored.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help