Article updated: August 03, 2022
Connect an Adobe Analytics account to Impact
Use Adobe Analytics with Hootsuite Impact to find out which organic posts, ads, and pages drive the most website traffic or customer conversions. You can then use that information to improve your social media and content strategy.
Plans: Adobe Analytics is available to Enterprise customers with Hootsuite Impact at an additional cost.
With Adobe Analytics you can analyze the customer journey from visiting your website, to interacting with your content, to completing a success event. Success events are actions that you want customers to take, such as visiting a specific page on your website, subscribing to your email newsletter, or purchasing a product or service.
Configure your Adobe Analytics account
Make sure you have developer access for the correct product profile in the Adobe Developer console. For information on how to add and manage developers, see the Adobe help article Add developers to one or more product profiles for a single product.
- Go to your Adobe Developer Console account, create a new project, then add Adobe Analytics service as an API.
- Select to authenticate using Service Account (JWT).
- Generate your private key, and then use it to generate a JWT access token. For more information, see the Adobe Developer Console help article Add API to project using Service Account (JWT).
- Add UTM tags to the links in your posts to allow Impact to track the traffic and site activity coming from those links. You can add UTMs manually or when composing a post in Hootsuite. See Apply a UTM parameter to a link.
Connect your Adobe Analytics account to Impact
Connect Adobe Analytics to Impact and start seeing your results.
- Sign out of your social accounts and Adobe Analytics accounts.
- Go to My other products, and then select Go to Impact. Impact opens in a new tab.
- Select Connections, and then select Add New Connection.
- Select Adobe Analytics, and then select Authorize+Connect with JWT.
- Follow the steps to enter your Adobe Analytics credentials. For more information, see the Adobe Developer Console help article Credentials.
- Select your report suite ID and unique tracking parameter, and then select up to 20 metrics you want to track in Impact. Select Continue.
Important: After connecting your Adobe Analytics account, your connection requires account configuration. Please reach out to your customer success manager to start the process.
View your Adobe Analytics data
You can find data from your Adobe Analytics connection in the following places in Impact:
- Advertising performance - Find out how your campaigns, ad sets, and ads drive website visits, page views, or other goal conversions.
- Impact content - Identify which organic posts are driving the most website visits, page views, or other goal conversions.
- ROI analysis - See which organic pages and ad accounts are directing the most traffic to your website.
- Content comparison - Compare campaigns to identify those that took the most customers from social to your website.
- Reports - Create reports with both social and web analytics data to see the results of your social efforts.
Export your data from Impact to Adobe Analytics
You can export your data from Impact to Adobe Analytics. To do this, reach out to your customer success manager.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help