Article updated: August 11, 2023
Get started with Advanced Analytics
Advanced Analytics can help you track and analyze your social results and return on investment (ROI), prove the business value of your social campaigns, and optimize the performance of your organic and paid social media efforts.
Plans: Customers with Hootsuite Advanced Analytics. Want more Hootsuite features? Upgrade your plan.
Set up your Advanced Analytics account
Your Hootsuite customer account manager will notify you when your initial account is set up. Once you receive that notification, you can connect your social, ad, and website analytics accounts.
Connect your social, ad, and analytics accounts
Connect your social (organic), ad (paid), and website analytics accounts to get a complete view of your social performance. You can connect the following account types:
Instagram Business accounts
Facebook & Instagram ads
LinkedIn Pages (Company and Showcase)
Pinterest business accounts
When you connect your accounts, Hootsuite retrieves 12 months of historical data, when available.
For step-by-step instructions to connect each type of account, see the following articles:
- Add a social account to Hootsuite
- Connect a Google Analytics account
- Connect an Adobe Analytics account
Analyze your social results and ROI
After you connect your accounts, you can start reviewing your social results. Use the following features to understand the impact of your social efforts and guide your social strategy. Then share all or specific results with your team to analyze and make informed decisions together.
- Impact content - See how your organic posts performed and identify your top-performing content. Learn how to review post performance with Impact content.
- ROI analysis - Gain insights into which social networks and accounts drive your business’ highest return on investment based on success metrics you define. Learn how to track your spend and return with ROI analysis.
- Content comparison - Track, compare, and analyze the results of your content strategy across multiple social networks. Learn how to analyze organic and paid performance with Content comparison.
- Advertising performance - Identify which ads, campaigns, and ad sets drive the highest value and conversions so you can optimize your social strategy. Learn how to review your paid content results with Advertising performance.
- Built-in and custom reports - Track and analyze the effectiveness of your social efforts with built-in and customizable reports. Create, customize, share, and schedule exports of reports for your organic and paid content. Learn how to create and customize your own reports.
- Custom metrics - Create your own unique metrics to track and analyze the social results that matter to you. Learn how to create, edit, and delete custom metrics.
- Auto-tagger -Set up a framework of tags and automatically add them to your posts to more easily analyze your social results. Learn how to track your success on social with auto-tagger.
For more information about how to interpret your data and understand the difference between Page- and post-level metrics, see Metrics in Analytics.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help