Article updated: August 16, 2022
Work with contact groups
Audience: Hootdesk admins
To create a new contact group, follow these steps:
- In Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Contact groups.
- Select Add contact group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- In the Rule list, select an attribute. Disabled attributes don't appear in this list.
- Select an operator. Note the following:
- >,≥ ,<, and ≤ are available for CRM-managed attributes and attributes with “number” or “date” formats.
- = can be used for text or numeric contact attributes. The rule searches for text strings that are exact matches but not case sensitive. So, “Platinum” = “platinum”.
- ANY OF allows you to create a list of values to include for a contact group.
- In the third field (if available), enter text or select a value. Text values do not require quotation marks.
|Use case||Contact group name||Rule||Operator||Value|
|Is the contact on the website?||Website visitor||Page URL||Not empty|
|Is the contact using the mobile app?||App user||Device platform||Not empty|
|Does the contact speak French?||French||Language||Is||FR|
|Is the contact in Belgium?||BE||Phone||Contains||+32|
To learn how to route conversations to teams with specific skill sets using contact groups, see Manage skill set routing.
You can label certain contact groups as “prioritized.” This places conversations associated with those contact groups higher in the queue.
- In Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Prioritization.
To learn more, see Prioritize Hootdesk conversations.
See contact groups in conversations
Contact groups that are applied to a conversation are always visible to agents in the conversation header.
Agents can also filter the queue by contact group to focus on specific types of conversations:
- In the agent workspace, select Filter, point to Contact groups, and select the contact groups you want to show in the queue.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help