Article updated: March 19, 2023
Prioritize Inbox 2.0 conversations
Audience: Inbox 2.0 admins
Prioritization pushes urgent conversations to the top of the queue so agents can handle them first. Prioritizing conversations can help you align your queue to your organization's business strategy, focus on important contacts, and streamline staffing.
Set up prioritization rules
To set up priority rules, follow these steps:
- In Inbox 2.0, select Admin settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Prioritization.
- You automatically prioritize certain conversations in the queue based on the following:
- Prioritized topics - Select from existing topics.
- Prioritized contact groups - Select from existing contact groups.
- Prioritized channels and conversation types - Select from existing channels, and then choose whether to include public, private, or both conversation types.
Each of these rules has a weight of 1. When multiple rules are applied to a single conversation, all weights are added for a total priority score. The queue is arranged based on the total score, from highest to lowest. When two conversations have the same priority score, they’re sorted from oldest to newest.
More about priority scores
The priority score can change while a conversation is in progress. For example, if a conversation enters the queue with no prioritized topic or contact group, it starts with a priority of 0. If an agent then manually assigns a prioritized topic to the conversation, its score becomes 1, increasing its priority. Similarly, if a conversation has a prioritized topic that is later removed by an agent, the priority score decreases.
Priority scores recalculate when a conversation moves from the Pending queue to the New queue.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help