Article updated: March 19, 2023
Create and manage Inbox 2.0 topics
Audience: Inbox 2.0 admins
Topics are categories that agents can apply to conversations to help group, route, and prioritize conversations in the queue. Before agents can apply topics, admins must create them.
Admins can also apply topics to conversations by using automations.
To create, edit, or delete the topics that agents apply to conversations, follow these steps:
- Go to Inbox 2.0, select Admin settings, expand Routing and automations, and then select Topics.
- To create a new topic, select Add topic, and then enter a name and description.
- To edit a topic, select Edit next to the topic.
To delete a topic, select Delete next to the topic.
How agents apply topics
Agents apply topics to conversations by selecting + Topic above a conversation. Applied topics appear in the conversation header and remain associated with that conversation.
Route conversations using topics
To learn how to route conversations to teams using topics, see Manage skill set routing.
Prioritize conversations using topics
You can label existing topics as “prioritized” to place conversations with that topic higher in the queue.
- In Settings, expand Routing and automation, and then select Prioritization.
The more prioritized topics a conversation has, the higher its priority and the higher its place in the queue. To learn more, see Prioritize Inbox 2.0 conversations.
View topic reporting data
The Topics report provides information about topic volume and usage. You can view this data in two ways:
- Go to Exports, and then select Topics in the Export type list.
- Go to Reports, and then select Topics. The top 10 topics for the selected channel and date range appear by default, but you can select any channels and topics for a customized report.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help