Article updated: June 08, 2022
Audience: Hootdesk admins
You can edit channel settings in Hootdesk, including a channel’s name, auto-assignment settings, and auto-resolve settings.
To edit a channel's settings, use the following steps:
- In Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, and then select Channels.
- Point to the channel you want to edit, and then select Edit . You can make the following changes:
- Enter a custom channel display name, up to 255 characters. This name is visible to anyone in your Hootdesk organization.
- Enable or disable auto-assignment. If auto-assignment is enabled, agents in this channel will be automatically assigned conversations they respond to.
- Set auto-resolve defaults for the New and Pending queues. By default, all conversations older than 30 days are automatically resolved. You can reduce the time before resolution and specify a resolve reason.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help