Article updated: June 08, 2022
Enable resolve reasons and topic requirement
Audience: Hootdesk admins
If you want to learn more about the outcomes of the conversations on your team, you can let agents select reasons, or require them to select topics, when they resolve conversations.
Two features can help you analyze the outcomes of the conversations on your team:
- Resolve reasons - Let agents select a reason when they resolve a conversation. Resolve reasons give you insights such as the number of conversations abandoned by customers, successfully resolved, or considered spam.
- Resolve topics - Require agents to select one or more topics when they resolve a conversation. Topics help with categorization.
Turn on resolve reasons
Resolve reasons are disabled by default.
- Go to Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Resolve reasons.
- Under Enabled resolve reasons, select the reasons you want to use, and then choose the channels and conversation types to apply them to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Optional: Select the options to require agents to provide a reason when performing a bulk resolve, and allow agents to leave comments.
- Select Save. When resolving applicable conversations, agents see a list of reasons to choose from.
Turn on resolve topics
Topic requirement is disabled by default.
- In Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Resolve topics.Use the toggle to turn on the requirement to select a topic when resolving a conversation.
- Under Apply to channels, choose the channels and conversation types to apply the setting to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Select Save. When resolving conversations, agents see a message requiring them to select at least one topic.
Apply resolve reasons to automations
If you’re using automations to resolve conversations, you can also choose whether resolve reasons are included with each automation. For more information, see Create and manage automations.
Apply resolve reasons to auto-resolve settings
You can require resolve reasons when auto-resolving conversations in the queue, both globally and by channel.
- To apply resolve reasons globally: Go to Admin settings, expand Queue, select Preferences, and make your selections under Auto-resolve conversations.
- To apply resolve reasons for an individual channel: Go to Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, select Channels, and then select Edit next to the channel you want to configure.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help