Article updated: March 19, 2023
View and filter your Inbox 2.0 queue
Audience: Inbox 2.0 agents
You can view, filter, and sort all messages in the conversation queue. You can also view the number of new and pending conversations and resolve them in bulk.
Filter the active channels list
The active channels list lets you select any social or messaging accounts that you have access to. It also displays the number of channels you’ve selected out of the total number of available channels.
Your workflow consists of three states, each with its own queue:
- New - Conversations are either new or have a new reply from the contact and need follow-up.
- Pending - Conversations are waiting for the contact to follow up.
- Resolved - Conversations have ended and require no further action.
To narrow the types of conversations that appear in your queue, select Filters at the top of the queue.
You can filter on any of the following:
- Assigned to - Conversations by the agent currently assigned to them.
- Channels - Conversations that took place on specific channels.
- Conversation types - Public or private posts. This can help identify customer service conversations.
- Topics - Conversations labeled with certain topics.
- Teams - Any team or teams that you belong to.
- Contact groups - Contacts labeled as part of a specific group.
Save a filter
You can save filters so that anyone in your team can use them at a later time.
- Select Filters and choose what you want to display in your view.
- Select the three dots on the top right , and then select Save new filter.
- Enter a name for your filter and select Save.
Edit a saved filter
To edit a saved filter, select it from the Saved filters drop-down list. Update your filter options, and then select Save.
Manage saved filters
To manage your saved filters, select the three dots on the top right , and then select Manage filters. For each saved filter, you have the following options:
- Duplicate - Make a copy of the saved filter
- Edit name - Rename your saved filter
- Delete - Remove the saved filter
Change the sort order of the queue
You can sort the queue by selecting Newest first or Oldest first in the New or Pending queue.
Show or hide cross-channel conversation history
Cross-channel conversation history gives you a consolidated view of a contact’s conversations across all channels and networks. This means you don’t have to ask a contact for information that’s already been provided and lets you know if the contact has been working with another agent.
Channel icons at the top of the conversation view indicate whether the history for this contact is available on multiple channels.
You can show or hide the cross-channel conversation history view by selecting or clearing the All channels checkbox under Conversation view.
- The All channels setting is preserved when you sign out, as long as you use the same browser when you sign back in.
- You’ll only be able to see conversation histories on conversations in channels you have access to.
Show or hide audit trails in conversations
Audit trails show past actions performed on a conversation, who performed them, and when they were performed. Audit trails can give you insight such as whether a conversation is being handled according to your organization’s policies.
You can show or hide audit trails by selecting or clearing the Audit trails check box under Conversation view.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help