Article updated: February 21, 2023
Manage business hours
Audience: Inbox 2.0 admins
Business hours are the hours that agents are scheduled to be available. Business hours are also required for a variety of important calculations in Inbox 2.0, including SLA policies. Each channel can have its own set of business hours, with multiple shifts.
Important: If you don't configure business hours, the system assumes that your business or organization is available 24/7.
To add a set of business hours:
- In Inbox 2.0 , select Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, select Business hours, and then select Add business hours.
- Enter a name, select a time zone, and select business hours for each day of the week. You can add multiple shifts per day.
- Under Apply to channels, select the channels you want to apply these business hours to, and then select Save.
Note: You can only assign one set of business hours per channel.
Business hours are also required to:
- Create auto responder scripts for during and outside of the times your agents are available. See Use auto responders in Inbox 2.0.
- Calculate first response times and SLA calculations. See Manage SLA policies.
- Generate the Open conversations and Resolved conversations data exports.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help