Article updated: June 08, 2022
Manage saved replies in Hootdesk
Audience: Hootdesk admins
The Saved replies tab, located to the right of the conversation view in the agent workspace, contains pre-written responses that agents can send to contacts to save time. Saved replies (sometimes called “canned responses”) can be a few words up to a few sentences, and agents can edit them before sending.
Agents can choose from collections of replies created by admins, and they can also create their own personal collections.
Follow these steps to add a new snippet:
- Go to Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Saved replies.
- Select Add new, and then choose Snippet.
- Enter a name and any text you want.
- Select the collection you want to add this snippet to, and then select Save.
To create a new collection:
- In Hootdesk, select Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Saved replies.
- Select Add new, and then choose Collection.
- Give the collection a name, and then use the toggles to select the channels you want to have access to the new collection.
To edit a collection or snippet, select Edit next to its name.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help