Article updated: May 17, 2022
Review your Twitter ad performance in Impact
Track and measure the performance of your Twitter campaigns, ad groups, and ads. Explore how your advertising content is performing and answer questions like the following:
- Which campaigns are driving the best ROI for my business?
- Which ads are driving the most conversions on my website?
Plans: You must be a Business or Enterprise plan member with Impact to access this feature.
Before you begin
To access advertising performance data, you need to authenticate your Twitter Ads account in Hootsuite Impact.
- Go to My other products , and then select Go to Impact. Hootsuite Impact opens in a new tab.
- Open the list next to your account name, and then select Account Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Add New Connection.
- Select Twitter Ads under Paid Content Beta Platforms, then select Authorize + Connect Twitter Ads.
- Follow the prompts to authorize the connection and add your ad accounts to Hootsuite Impact.
Review the performance of your campaigns, ad groups, and ads
The Advertising performance view lets you analyze your Twitter campaigns, ad groups, and ads. You can review details such as dates, status, and budget as well as results for performance metrics like ROI, engagement, link clicks, conversions, and more.
- Go to Analytics.
- If the Analytics navigation is not visible, select Expand navigation, and then select Advertising performance.
- Select your connection type and social account, and then select to view your Campaigns, Ad groups, or Ads.
- Select the date picker, select a date range option, and then select Set. Hootsuite displays campaign and ad performance for the time frame you selected.
- Optionally, use one of the following options to view your campaigns and ads.
- Select any campaign, ad group, or ad to view its status, details, and results.
- Check the box next to a campaign or ad group to review performance only for content associated with that campaign or ad group. You can then select the Campaigns, Ad groups, or Ads tabs to view only content for the selected campaigns or ad groups.
- Select Customize columns to choose the metrics you want to see in your view. Use the Search box to search for metrics you'd like to include, and then select Apply. Point to a metric name to view its description or see the Ad analytics metrics library (opens in a new tab) for a complete list of metrics.
Filter your campaigns and ads
Use filters to narrow in on the information that is important to you. Options differ depending on what you are filtering - campaigns, ad groups, or ads.
- Select Filters, and then choose from the available filters to narrow in on your content:
- View the performance of all ads or just the ones that have spent money during the selected timeframe.
- View specific results for your campaigns, ad groups, and ads, and then select Apply. For example, you can view results for only active campaigns, ad groups with a website clicks objective, or ads that include replies.
- Select Create your own filters to filter your data by name and text, tags, target URL, campaign ID, ad group ID, or ad ID (options differ depending on what you are filtering - campaigns, ad groups, or ads).
Note: Filters only apply to the specific type of content you’re filtering. They do not apply to all campaigns, ad groups, and ads.
Save and reuse advertising performance filters
Save and reuse your filters to quickly access the performance views that are most relevant to you.
- Save a filter - Select Filters, include or exclude information to narrow in on, select Save, enter a name for the filter, and then select Save.
- Use a saved filter - Select the arrow next to Filters , and then select your saved filter from the list.
- Delete a saved filter - Select the arrow next to Filters , point to the saved filter, and then select Delete next to the saved filter.
Export your view
Select Export, and then choose how you want to export your data:
- Select Comma separated values (.csv) to export your data to CSV. This export produces a zip file containing three CSV files - one for campaigns, one for ad groups, and one for ads.
- Select Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) to export your data to an Excel spreadsheet. This export generates an XLSX workbook with three worksheets - one for campaigns, one for ad groups, and one for ads.
View exports include all the data in your view based on the applied filters, as well as all other available columns in the Advertising performance view.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help