Article updated: August 16, 2022
Manage your LinkedIn ad campaigns
Advertise in Hootsuite is a centralized hub for managing all of your paid content activities. You can view and manage all of your LinkedIn ads and boost campaigns in Advertise, whether they were created in Hootsuite or in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager. Track your paid content performance, and adjust your campaigns on the fly to get the most out of your ad spend.
View a list of your LinkedIn ad campaigns
You can view all of the ad campaigns associated with your LinkedIn ad accounts in one place. Every entry in the campaign list shows information on campaign settings, status, how the campaign is performing, and how much budget has been spent.
- Go to Advertise and select LinkedIn ad campaigns in the navigation pane.
- Select the LinkedIn ad account associated with the ad campaigns you want to view.
Hootsuite displays all of your LinkedIn campaigns in a table view, with key performance data for each campaign. Hootsuite doesn't display archived or deleted ad campaigns.
The campaign objective is displayed under each campaign name. The Main result is a key metric that highlights a campaign’s performance based on its objective.
Ad campaigns can have one of the following statuses:
- Scheduled (the campaign has been approved but hasn't started yet)
- Active (the campaign is running)
- Active with issue (the campaign or its ads have errors or warnings)
- Paused with issue
- Paused and scheduled
- Completed (campaign has ended)
View LinkedIn ad campaign details
You can see more detailed information about any of your LinkedIn campaigns and their associated ads, to monitor performance, review campaign setup, and troubleshoot any campaign issues detected.
- Select the ad campaign name in the list, or select More actions, and then select Check details and ads from the list.
- Review the campaign-level settings on the Overview tab, such as campaign settings, high-level performance metrics, information about ad placements, and target audience attributes.
- Select the Ads tab to view performance metrics for individual ads in the campaign, including budget spent, cost per result, and engagement metrics.
Edit a LinkedIn ad campaign
You can change some of your ad campaign settings, if you want to make adjustments after you have published it.
- Find the ad campaign in the list, select More actions, and then select Edit campaign from the list.
- In the Edit campaign window, you can change the following settings:
- Campaign name
- Budget type (daily, lifetime, or both)
- Budget amount
- Start date (if the campaign hasn’t started yet)
- End date
- Select Save changes to update your campaign settings.
Pause a LinkedIn ad campaign or ad
You can pause your LinkedIn ad campaigns or ads at any time in the Advertise area to stop spending ad budget on low performing campaigns or campaign assets.
When you pause an ad campaign, LinkedIn will stop showing all of the ads in the campaign to your target audience.
- In Advertise, go to the LinkedIn ad campaigns list.
- Locate the campaign you want to pause, and then select the Active toggle in the Status column.
You can restart the campaign at any time by selecting the Paused toggle in the Status column. When you restart the campaign, LinkedIn begins showing the ads to your audience again and the campaign budget resumes spending.
If you pause an ad, LinkedIn will stop showing that ad to your target audience. All other ads in the campaign continue to run and use campaign budget.
- In Advertise, select your campaign from the LinkedIn ad campaigns list.
- In the campaign details window, select the Ads tab.
- Locate the ad you want to pause, and then select the Active toggle in the Status column.
You can restart the ad at any time by selecting the Paused toggle in the Status column. When you restart the ad, LinkedIn begins showing the ad to your audience again.
Delete a LinkedIn ad campaign
You can delete an ad campaign from the campaign list.
- Find the ad campaign in the list, select More actions, and then select Delete campaign from the list.
- In the confirmation dialog, select Yes, delete it to confirm your choice.
View an ad campaign in LinkedIn
You can view an ad campaign in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager, as long as you have access to the LinkedIn ad account.
Find the ad campaign in the list, select More actions, and then select View on LinkedIn from the list.
Hootsuite redirects you to LinkedIn Campaign Manager, where you can view your ad campaign.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help