Article updated: September 13, 2021
Block a contact in Sparkcentral
Agents can block contacts in Sparkcentral to prevent future interaction with individual profiles. When a contact is blocked, all new conversations from the contact are auto-resolved.
An admin must first enable the block contact functionality, as follows:
- On the Settings tab, expand Privacy & Security, and then select Blocked Contacts.
- Select the Enable block contact functionality check box.
Block a contact
Note: Contacts are blocked at the channel level only.
- In Conversation view, select the message from the contact you want to block.
- On the Contact tab, select Block.
- Select Yes to confirm the block.
After you block a contact, you must manually resolve the existing conversation.
You can still find blocked contacts and full conversation histories by searching for a contact's name or conversation content.
Access information logs for blocked contacts
Contact-blocking events are logged and stored. Admins can access these logs on the Settings tab by expanding Privacy & Security and selecting Blocked Contacts. Admins can do the following:
- View a list of all blocked contacts.
- Navigate to the conversation history for a blocked contact.
- Unblock a contact.
If an admin disables the block contact functionality, any new conversations from contacts who have been previously blocked won’t be auto-resolved. If an admin subsequently enables the block contact functionality again, any future conversations from previously blocked contacts will be resolved automatically.