Article updated: September 13, 2021
Facebook Page re-authentication in Sparkcentral
If the authentication for a Facebook Page is broken, suspended, or rescinded, incoming content to Sparkcentral will fail, and errors will occur when attempting to send outbound messages via Sparkcentral.
Potential reasons for a page authentication breaking or falling are:
- The person who authenticated the Facebook page to Sparkcentral changed their Facebook password.
- The person who authenticated the Facebook page no longer has admin access or access at all.
- The person who authenticated the Facebook page manually removed or deleted the authorization in Facebook.
- Facebook expired the connection (this is the least common reason).
If your account experiences a failure of all incoming content and there is no acknowledged system-wide incident, it is best to double check the Page-level access of the administrator who connected the page or attempt to have a Page admin re-add the account in Sparkcentral.
You may see a message like the following when responding to messages:
Facebook is reporting an error authenticating this user for this page. Please ask an administrator to re-authenticate this page.
Steps to re-authenticate:
- Make sure that you are an administrator of the account and that you are logged in to the correct Facebook account in a separate browser window.
- In Sparkcentral, on the Settings tab, expand Channels & Business Hours, and then select Channels.
- Select Add Channel, and then select Facebook.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Continue.
It could take up to 30 minutes before everything works normally again.