Use automations in Sparkcentral
Automation is the process of tagging, adding a topic, or resolving a conversation automatically. Automations in Sparkcentral consist of a set of criteria that you nominate in a message and the immediate action that occurs if a trigger takes place.
Create an automation
Admins can manage to create, update, and delete automations in Settings.
To create an automation:
- On the Settings tab, expand Routing & Automation, and then select Automations.
- Select Add Automation.
- Enter a name.
- Configure automation rules to react when any of the defined conditions is true, using If/Or messages:
- Your keywords and phrases must be separated by commas, and the rule will apply to any keywords or phrases that are separated by commas.
- If you select all of, you must enter your keywords or phrases exactly as they appear in individual messages.
- If you select any of, your keywords or phrases must be separated by commas, and the rule will apply to any keywords or phrases separated by commas.
Under Then, choose between one of three options:
- Tag with allows incoming conversations to be automatically tagged with a preexisting tag.
- Apply Topic automatically applies a topic to help you categorize, route, and prioritize the queue.
- Resolve conversation automatically moves the conversation to your account’s resolved queue.
- To take multiple actions on the same conversation, such as adding multiple tags or topics or adding both a topic and resolving the conversation, you can add more steps to your rule by selecting the + icon in the Then section.
- If you have enabled Sparkcentral resolve reasons for your organization, you can also choose a corresponding resolve reason that will be automatically be applied to all conversations that are resolved via automations.
- In the Apply to Channels section, apply this automation to a channel by selecting a conversation type.
Automations are visible only to admins. When you save an automation in Sparkcentral, it is automatically enabled. To disable an automation, set the toggle to the off position. To delete an automation, select the Delete icon for the automation you want to delete. Deleting an automation permanently remove it, while disabling an automation pauses related actions until re-enabled.