Article updated: October 20, 2021
Sparkcentral resolve settings
For insight into the outcome of the conversations your team has, you can allow agents to select resolve reasons, or require them to select one or more topics, when resolving conversations. Resolve reasons can provide insightful tallies, like the number of conversations abandoned by customers, successfully resolved, or considered spam, and topics can help you categorize resolved conversations.
Enable resolve reasons
Resolve reasons are disabled by default.
To enable resolve reasons:
- Go to Settings, expand Agent Workspace, and then select Resolve Reasons.
- Under Enabled Resolve Reasons, select the resolve reasons you want to use, and then choose which channels and conversation types to apply them to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Select Save. When resolving applicable conversations, agents see a list of resolve reasons to choose from.
Enable topic requirement
The requirement to select a topic when resolving a conversation is disabled by default.
To enable it:
- Go to Settings, expand Agent Workspace, and then select Topic Required to Resolve.
- Under Apply to Channels, choose which channels and conversation types to apply them to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Select Save. When resolving applicable conversations, agents will see a message requiring them to select at least one topic.
Audit trails show who resolved a conversation and the selected resolve reason and topics.
To learn more, see Sparkcentral audit trails.
The Resolve Reasons report displays the following information:
- Resolve Reason - The number of conversations resolved with each reason.
- Resolve Trigger - The number of each type of resolve trigger. The most common resolve triggers are Agent (human agents), Virtual Agent, Automation, Auto-Resolve, and Blocked contact.
- Resolve Type - The number of conversations marked in bulk or individually.
- Resolved With or Without Reply - The number of conversations replied to and those resolved without a reply.
To view the Resolve Reasons report, on the Analytics tab, select Reports, expand Volume, and then select Resolve Reasons.
If you are using automations (see Use automations in Sparkcentral) to resolve conversations, you can choose a corresponding resolve reason. This reason is automatically applied to all conversations that are resolved.
Admins can specify whether resolve reason must be included, both globally and by channel:
- To configure resolve reasons globally: Go to Settings, expand Queue, and then select Preferences.
- To configure resolve reasons for an individual channel: Go to Settings, expand Channels & Business Hours, select Channels, and then select the Edit icon next to the channel you want to configure.