Article updated: May 17, 2022
Sparkcentral resolve settings and topic requirement
If you want to learn more about the outcomes of the conversations on your team, you can let agents select reasons, or require them to select topics, when they resolve conversations.
Two features can help you analyze the outcomes of the conversations on your team:
- Resolve reasons - Let agents select a reason when they resolve a conversation. Resolve reasons give you insights such as the number of conversations abandoned by customers, successfully resolved, or considered spam.
- Resolve topics - Require agents to select one or more topics when they resolve a conversation. Topics help with categorization.
Turn on resolve reasons
Resolve reasons are disabled by default.
- Go to Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Resolve reasons.
- Under Enabled resolve reasons, select the reasons you want to use, and then choose the channels and conversation types to apply them to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Optional: Select the options to require agents to provide a reason when performing a bulk resolve, and allow agents to leave comments.
- Select Save. When resolving applicable conversations, agents see a list of reasons to choose from.
Turn on resolve topics
Topic requirement is disabled by default.
- Go to Admin settings, expand Agent workspace, and then select Resolve topics.Use the toggle to turn on the requirement to select a topic when resolving a conversation.
- Under Apply to channels, choose the channels and conversation types to apply the setting to. For example, you might want to enable this feature for WhatsApp and Twitter private messages but not for Twitter public posts.
- Select Save. When resolving conversations, agents see a message requiring them to select at least one topic.
Audit trails show who resolved a conversation and the selected resolve reason and topics.
To learn more, see Sparkcentral audit trails.
The Resolve reasons report displays the following information:
- Resolve reason - The number of conversations resolved with each reason.
- Resolve trigger - The number of each type of resolve trigger. The most common resolve triggers are Agent (human agents), Virtual Agent, Automation, Auto-Resolve, and Muted contact.
- Resolve type - The number of conversations marked in bulk or individually.
- Resolved with or without reply - The number of conversations replied to and those resolved without a reply.
To view the Resolve reasons report, under Analytics, select Reports, expand Volume, and then select Resolve reasons.
If you are using automations (see Use automations in Sparkcentral) to resolve conversations, you can choose a corresponding resolve reason. This reason is automatically applied to all conversations that are resolved.
Admins can specify whether resolve reason must be included, both globally and by channel:
- To configure resolve reasons globally: Go to Admin settings, expand Queue, and then select Preferences.
- To configure resolve reasons for an individual channel: Go to Admin settings, expand Channels and business hours, select Channels, and then select the Edit icon next to the channel you want to configure.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help