Enable full Instagram functionality
This article is for users who have already added an Instagram account to Hootsuite but haven’t completed the sign in with Facebook to enable full functionality: publishing to Instagram directly, engaging with comments in Streams, and accessing Instagram analytics.
If you haven’t connected your Instagram account to Hootsuite yet, see Add an Instagram account.
Before you begin
After you’ve added your Instagram account to Hootsuite, you’ll need the following to enable full functionality:
- A Facebook Page linked to your business profile (each business profile can only be associated with a single Facebook Page and vice versa)
Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page
Note: If your Instagram account is still a personal profile, use this article instead to convert it to a business account and link it to a Facebook Page at the same time: Convert a personal Instagram profile to a business profile
- An Admin or Editor page role for the linked Facebook Page
Manage Page roles
- The usernames and passwords for both your Instagram account and the Facebook account that manages the Page it’s linked to
Enable full functionality for a connected Instagram profile
Important: Important: Before completing these steps, open another web browser tab and log out of both Instagram and Facebook.
(Hootsuite connects automatically to any social networks currently signed in to in your browser, including any you’ve signed in to for authentication with Hootsuite.)
- Go to My profile , and then select Social networks and teams.
- Private accounts: Select the Instagram profile.
Organization accounts: Select Social Networks under the organization name, and then select the profile from the list on the left.
- Select the Profile Settings tab, and then select Connect with Instagram.
- Enter your Instagram username and password, select Log In, and then select Continue.
- Select Sign in to Facebook to complete the connection.
- Enter your Facebook username and password, and then select Log In.
The Facebook user signing in must be an admin of the Page associated with the Instagram business profile.
Getting an error? See Troubleshoot an Instagram business connection.
- You may be prompted to authorize access to your Instagram business profile. Select OK.
- Select Done.
You’ll know that your business profile is fully enabled with Hootsuite if you see your Instagram profile picture instead of the default black Instagram logo.