Review the performance of all your social media posts and identify top-performing content for each social account without having to create a report.
Impact Content in Analytics displays all your organic, paid, and dark posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and organic posts for Pinterest and YouTube. Content is displayed in columns you can customize to track metrics that matter to you.
Important: You must be an Enterprise plan customer with Impact to access this feature.
Open Impact Content in Hootsuite:
- Go to Analytics .
- If the Analytics list is not visible, expand the navigation, then select Impact Content.
Note: If Impact Content is not visible, please reach out to your customer success associate/manager or Hootsuite Enterprise support.
Configure your Impact Content view
- Select a social network type at the top of the page (organic or paid) to display metrics by social network.
- Select one or multiple connections.
- Select Edit Columns to customize the columns displayed and view the metrics that matter to you. Select Search for columns to search for and select the organic and paid metrics you want to view, and then select Apply. See Impact metric library for a complete list of metrics and their descriptions.
- Select a time frame using the date picker on the top right of the page.
Use filters to customize the data in your reports and measure performance for specific posts. For example, you can filter content to display metrics only for organic or paid posts. You can also combine multiple filters and display metrics for promoted video posts or organic link posts shared on the social network you selected.
To filter posts:
- Select Filter on the top right. Different filters are displayed depending on the social network you select.
- Select your options from the provided filters.
You can also filter content by text, tag, link, and campaign.
- Select Filter by Rules to create one or multiple sets of filters. For example, you can use a Text filter to view metrics for posts that contain a specific keyword or hashtag. Or you can use a Link filter to display metrics for posts that link to a particular website or web page.
- Select Apply.
Tip: Save frequently used filters to run reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. To save a filter for future use, select Save, enter a filter name, and then select Save. To use a saved filter, select the Filter drop-down , and select a filter to apply to your report.
Review performance of your posts
The Impact Content view displays a date stamp, thumbnail image, caption, tags, and performance metrics for the posts published on the social network you select.
In the Impact Content view, you can:
- Sort posts and metrics - Select a column heading to sort metrics by that column and find your top-performing posts for the specified time frame.
- Open the original post - Select the time stamp link to open the post in the associated social account.
- View post details - Select the post to see the post, tags, and additional metrics.
- Select Add Tag to add a new tag to the post.
- Scroll down to see additional metrics for the post. To surface a specific metric, enter a metric name in Search metrics. The metrics are organized into five sections: Affinity, Awareness, Consumption, Conversation, and Intent. See Impact metric library to learn more.
- Select X on the top right to close.
Note: You can view web attribution metrics from Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics in the Intent metrics section.
- Select Load more content to display more posts.
- Select Export as CSV to export your Impact Content view to CSV. The export includes the 1000 most recent posts for the time frame you selected.