You can create, publish, and manage your LinkedIn profile and Page with Hootsuite. When you create a post, you can:
- Attach images to both profile and Page posts
- Attach a video to page posts
- Edit and apply filters to your images
- Specify the audience who can view your content on Page posts
- Choose whether to publish your post right away or to schedule it for a specific day and time
- Promote your LinkedIn page post to reach a wider audience
Note: Before you begin, make sure you’ve already added a LinkedIn profile and Page to Hootsuite. To learn more, see Add a LinkedIn account to Hootsuite.
To create a Linkedin post
- Select New Post in the top right.
Business and Enterprise organizations: Select your organization, and then select Select campaign to associate your post with a current or future campaign.
- Select the LinkedIn profile and Pages you'd like to publish to under Post to.
- In the Text area, enter your post text, tags, and emojis.
- The character count is displayed as you compose your message. LinkedIn allows a maximum of 1300 characters per post, including links and hashtags.
- To mention a LinkedIn Page, enter @ followed by the LinkedIn Page name, and then select an option from the list. To learn more, see Mention (link to) a user or Page in your post.
Note: Currently, you can’t mention LinkedIn profiles or Showcase Pages.
- Select the smiley face in the bottom left to add emojis.
- Optionally, add a link. A link preview appears on the right.
Can’t see a link preview? See Link previews and troubleshooting.
- To shorten a link, select Shorten with Ow.ly. All included links are shortened automatically. The full links remain visible in the New Post area while the post preview on the right displays the shortened links.
- To add link tracking parameters, select Add tracking, select Ow.ly, and then select Custom. Enter your campaign name, type, and value, and then select Apply.
- Add one or more images or a video to your post by using one of the following options:
- Drag and drop files from your computer into the Media area.
- Select the select files to upload link.
- Select Open Media Library, and then select Free Images from the drop-down. Select a media file, and then select Close Media Library.
Business and Enterprise organizations: Select Content Library Images from the drop-down to select an image from your pre-approved media files.
- To edit an image, add filters or make other adjustments to it, select Edit image under the image.
- To edit alt text, select Edit Alt-text. Enter the alt text description of the image, and then select Apply. The character limit for LinkedIn is 120 characters. Alt text is not supported for animated videos.
To learn more about adding media files, see:
- Requirements and options for posting and editing images
- Requirements and processing times for posting videos
Note: To select other options, such as promoting your post and adding tags or a specific audience, see More options.
To publish a LinkedIn post
When you’re finished creating your post, review it in the preview on the right to see how it will look on your LinkedIn profile or Pages. If the Composer detects any issues with the post, you'll be alerted with a contextual error. To learn more, see Preview a post.
- To publish the post right away, select Post Now on the bottom right of the Composer. If your message is published successfully, Hootsuite displays a confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- To schedule your post, select Schedule for later on the bottom right of the Composer, and then select a date and time to publish the post. Select Done, and then select Schedule.
If you want to remain in the Composer to create, publish, or schedule another post, select the drop-down arrow next to Post Now (or Schedule) and then select one of the following options:
- Select Post and Reuse Networks (or Schedule and Reuse Networks) if you want to publish or schedule your post and create another one immediately after. The Composer resets all fields except the selected LinkedIn profile or Pages for you to begin creating your next post.
- Select Post and Duplicate (or Schedule and Duplicate) if you want to publish or schedule your post and then retain it to edit and create a new, similar post, with a unique post ID. The Composer retains all elements of the previous post, except promoted ad spend.
Note: Professional, Team, Business, and Enterprise customers can also set posts to automatically publish when there are gaps in your scheduled content. See Schedule posts with AutoSchedule.
For more information on how to schedule your content, see Overview: Schedule posts with Hootsuite.
When you create your post, you can also take advantage of additional options to promote your post, apply tags, and select the specific audience who can see your post.
To promote a post
Select Promote this post under Promotion to promote your post on LinkedIn. To learn more, see Promote LinkedIn page posts.
To apply a tag
Business and Enterprise organizations: Select Edit next to Tags to apply tags to your posts and analyze their performance in Hootsuite Analytics. Select the tags to add to your post, and then select Apply Tags. To learn more, see Tag outbound posts.
To specify targeting for a post
Select Add next to LinkedIn Audience Restrictions to select who you’d like to see your post. Select age, country, region, city, ZIP, and postal codes, and then select Apply.