Connect your personal profile to Hootsuite to manage Instagram publishing along with your other social networks.
Note: Instagram Creator accounts are recognized as personal profiles in Hootsuite.
Before you begin
Important: Consider converting your personal profile into a business profile. Business profiles have access to the full Instagram functionality available in Hootsuite, including post engagement, analytics, and direct publishing. Learn about what’s available to each profile type.
To connect an Instagram personal profile
- Open a new tab in your web browser, go to Instagram.com, and make sure you are logged out of Instagram.
(Hootsuite connects automatically to any social networks currently signed in to in your browser, including any you’ve signed in to for authentication with Hootsuite)
- In Hootsuite, click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage Social Networks.
- Click + Private Network in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard to add Instagram for personal use. Or click Manage beside an organization name and then click Add a Social Network or Add a Shared Network to add this profile to an organization.
- Select Instagram from the list, and then click Connect with Instagram.
- Enter your Instagram credentials (username and password), click Log In, and then click Authorize/Continue.
- Click Exit with limited access.
- Review the limitations of using a personal profile, and then click Exit.