Create advanced search queries and access social mentions that match those queries. With mentions from a variety of platforms, including social, blogs, and news sites, you can explore and track specific topics online. Hone in on conversations that matter to you and uncover insights into your audience and industry.
Start with a quick search to research and refine your search terms, and then save the searches you want to monitor over time. Insights searching supports advanced boolean operators.
Each saved search in Insights provides a wealth of contextual information for each mention. Depending on the platform, you’ll have information like location, author, reach, sentiment, and language. Each search also includes a set of standard metrics and filters, to understand the underlying breakdowns of your data even further.
Quick searches are great for diving into a conversation and identifying instant insights. Use them for research, validation of a campaign strategy, or to analyze a new competitor.
If you want to monitor a subject on an ongoing basis, then think of quick searches as previews. Start with a quick search on the fly to see instant results, and determine if they are relevant to you. When you have finished refining your search query based on the quick search results, turn it into a saved search.
Quick searches can be filtered by sentiment, author, language, or location, and their mentions go back 30 days. Saved searches unlock richer metadata for each mention and more filtering options. Mentions and metrics in saved searches are backfilled until the first day of the previous month, and are stored for 13 months.
To create a search
- Click in the search field, enter your query, and then press ENTER.
Learn how to build a Boolean search
- Review the search’s results. A set of standard metrics are displayed in the middle section of the page. Mentions are listed on the right, and filtering options can be found on the left.
Click the Mentions and Filters icons to expand and collapse those sections of the page.
- If necessary, modify your search query at the top of the page, press ENTER, and watch the results update in real-time.
- If you want to continue monitoring this search, click Save search in the top-right corner.
- Enter a search name, select the team(s) that will have access to it, enter an optional description, and then click Save.
Tip: Click any mention to open it in its native platform if you want to respond or engage with it.
See Manage social listening searches to manipulate the data in your saved search, analyze, edit, or delete it.