Why do I need to connect to a Facebook Page?
Since Facebook owns Instagram, they’ve made it easy to manage your business’ social presence by streamlining workflows between the two social networks. Facebook has made Instagram direct publishing available to third parties (e.g. Hootsuite) through an authentication with Facebook.
Associating your Instagram business profile with a Facebook Page is a Facebook requirement for all third parties.
More benefits of associating a Facebook Page with an Instagram business profile.
- Sign in to Facebook and navigate to the list of Pages you have access to with your Facebook profile. You can find that here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/?category=your_pages
Note that you have to be an Admin for the Page to complete this procedure.
- Click the name of the Page associated with your business, that you’re going to connect your business’ Instagram profile to.
Only one Instagram profile can be connected to a Facebook Page and vice versa.
You can also click Create Page in the top-right corner and create a new Page to represent your business.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of the Page.
- Click Instagram in the left menu.
- Click Connect Account. You will be prompted to log in to Instagram.
- Enter the Instagram username and password for the profile you want to connect, and then click Log In.
- Your Instagram profile is now connected to the Facebook Page, and should appear under Instagram Account Details.
- Navigate back to Hootsuite, and click Resume Now.