Convert an Instagram personal profile to a business profile
Facebook owns Instagram, and they’ve streamlined workflows between the two social networks to make it easy to manage your business’ social presence. Facebook requires you to have an Instagram business profile connected to a Facebook Page to enable most Instagram functions in Hootsuite (for example, direct publishing, engaging with your audience in streams, and analytics).
- To learn more about the differences between Instagram profiles, see Overview of Instagram profiles.
- To learn more about the benefits of connecting your Instagram profile to a Facebook Page, see the Facebook help article What happens when I connect my Facebook Page and Instagram account.
Note: Creator profiles, and business profiles that haven’t connected to a Facebook Page, are recognized in Hootsuite as personal profiles.
If you have an Instagram creator profile, see the Instagram help article Set up a Business account on Instagram to switch to a Business account.
Convert your Instagram profile
Because Facebook requires you to have your Instagram business profile connected to a Facebook Page to enable most Instagram functions in Hootsuite, you have to be an admin for the Facebook Page you are going to connect to complete this procedure. Only one Instagram profile can be connected to a Facebook Page and vice versa.
- To convert your profile and connect your Facebook Page, use the instructions in the Facebook help article How do I connect my Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Once you have successfully connected your Instagram account to your Facebook Page, select Get Started in Facebook to convert the Instagram personal profile to a business profile.
- Follow the prompts to complete the conversion to an Instagram business profile.
Not seeing the prompts to switch to a business profile? Try converting to a business profile from Instagram instead. See the Instagram help article Set Up a Business Account on Instagram.