Put ad spend behind your Facebook Page posts, and LinkedIn posts while you create them, directly from the Hootsuite Composer. Promoted posts can be published, scheduled, or saved as drafts, and edited later from the Planner just like any other post.
See Boost Facebook Page posts to connect a Facebook ad account and learn more about boosting posts in Hootsuite.
See Promote LinkedIn Page posts to connect a LinkedIn ad account and learn more about promoting posts in Hootsuite.
Note that Hootsuite does not support creating Facebook events or polls.
To create a promoted post in Composer
Note that users with limited social network permissions for a Page cannot add promotions to posts that require approval. An approver can edit the post and add a promotion before approving it.
- Select New Post in the top right to open the Composer.
- Select Select social networks, and select a Facebook Page or LinkedIn Page. When a Page is selected, a Promotion option appears.
- Select Promote this post to set up your promotion parameters.
- If multiple Pages are selected, select the Page that will have its post promoted. Promotion is currently only supported for one social network and one Page at a time.
- Select an ad account to use for this promotion, and then select Save.
- Review the recommended campaign. Select Save Boost Setting or Save Sponsor Settings & Continue, or select Edit to the right of each campaign component to customize it:
- Objective - Optimize for Engagement, Website Clicks, Video Views, or Reach.
- Special Ad Category - Select this box, and then select the correct category for Facebook ads related to credit, employment, or housing. Learn more
- Audience - Build your own, or for Facebook select Recommended audience and search for a target country, or select an existing Saved or Custom audience that you’ve created on Facebook. Multiple custom audiences can be selected, including lookalikes.
- Budget and Duration - Specify the budget to be spent from your Facebook/LinkedIn ad account, per day or in total during the promoted campaign. Then select the duration of the promotion. The promoted ad runs from the day the post is published for the specified number of days.
- Select Save Boost Setting or Save Sponsor Settings & Continue.
- Complete the remaining elements of your Page post, and then select Post Now to publish it right away; or, select Schedule for later to select a scheduled time, and then select Schedule. If you’re not ready to send or schedule the post, select the drop-down arrow and then select Save Draft.
Managing scheduled promotions
Scheduled or draft Page posts with promotions associated are indicated in the Planner with this icon . Select a promoted post tile to open the detail view and review its promotion budget and duration.
Select Edit to update any parts of the post itself or the promotion settings. If the scheduled publish date of a promoted post is updated, the promotion duration will be updated as well to run the ad for the same number of days as originally specified in the promotion settings.
Select more to delete or duplicate the post.
When a scheduled promotion is published live, the promotion appears in your promoted campaigns overview so you can monitor its results. Select the Promote tab in the Publisher to access the promotion campaign overview.