Put ad spend behind your Facebook Page posts while you create them, directly from the Hootsuite Composer. Boosted Page posts can be published, scheduled, or saved as drafts, and edited later from the Planner just like any other post.
See Boost Facebook Page posts to connect an ad account and learn more about boosting posts in Hootsuite.
To create a boosted post in Composer
Note that users with limited social network permissions for a Page cannot add boosts to posts that require approval. An approver can edit the post and add a boost before approving it.
- Click New Post in the top-right of the Hootsuite dashboard to open the Composer.
- Click Select social networks, and select a Facebook Page. When a Facebook Page is selected, a Promotion option appears.
- Check Boost this post on Facebook to set up your boosting parameters.
- If multiple Pages are selected, select the Page that will have its post boosted. Boosting is currently only supported for one page at a time.
- Select an ad account to use for this promotion, and then click Save.
- Review the recommended campaign. Click Save Boost Setting & Continue, or click Edit to the right of each campaign component to customize it:
- Objective - Optimize for Engagement, Website Clicks, Video Views, or Reach.
- Audience - Build your own, click Recommended audience and search for a target country, or select an existing Saved or Custom audience that you’ve created on Facebook. Multiple custom audiences can be selected, including lookalikes.
- Budget and Duration - Specify the budget to be spent from your Facebook ad account, per day or in total during the boost campaign. Then select the duration of the boost. The boosted ad will run from the day the post is published for the specified number of days.
- Click Save Boost Setting & Continue.
- Complete the remaining elements of your Page post, and then click Post Now to publish it right away, or click Schedule for later to select a scheduled time and then click Schedule. If you’re not ready to send or schedule the post, click the drop-down arrow and then click Save Draft.
Managing scheduled boosts
Scheduled or draft Page posts with boosts associated are indicated in the Planner with this icon . Click on a boosted post tile to open the detail view and review its boost budget and duration.
Click Edit to update any parts of the post itself, or the boost settings. If the scheduled publish date of a boosted post is updated, the boost duration will be updated as well to run the ad for the same number of days as originally specified in the boost settings.
Click more to delete or duplicate the post.
Once a scheduled boost is published live, the boost will appear in your boosted campaigns overview so you can monitor its results. Click the Promote tab in the Publisher to access the boost campaign overview.