On December 11, 2018, as Instagram transitions from their legacy API to their new Graph API, there will be some changes to Instagram functionality within Hootsuite’s products:
Hootsuite dashboard and mobile app
- Instagram hashtag search and location search streams will be deprecated. It will no longer be possible to create these stream types, and existing streams will stop updating on December 11.
To mitigate the impact of this change, we are developing a new read-only hashtag search stream for Instagram business profiles. We will provide updates here when we have them.
- Instagram personal profiles only:
- Commenting, deleting comments, replying to comments, and assigning will no longer be supported from the My Posts stream.
- Commenting, deleting comments, and replying to comments will no longer be supported in the old assignments manager.
To continue managing engagement on your personal Instagram profile, click the timestamp on your posts in the stream to open them in Instagram and engage there.
Or, convert your profile to an Instagram business profile and retain the ability to engage with comments in your My Posts stream. Learn about the benefits of Instagram business profiles, and how to convert your profile to a business profile in this handy video.
- Instagram mentions will no longer be available in Insights streams, as they rely on hashtag search which is being deprecated.
Hootsuite Campaigns for Contests
- The Instagram Contest and Instagram Gallery campaign types will no longer collect entries.
- Instagram hashtag entries will no longer be supported for any campaign type.
Hootsuite app directory
- TrendSpottr for Instagram will no longer be available in the Hootsuite app directory.