On December 11, 2018, as Instagram transitions from their legacy API to their new Graph API, there will be some changes to Instagram functionality within Hootsuite’s products:
Hootsuite dashboard and mobile app
- Instagram hashtag search and location search streams will be deprecated. It will no longer be possible to create these stream types, and existing streams will stop updating on December 11.
To mitigate the impact of this change, we have developed a new read-only hashtag search stream for Instagram Business profiles with full functionality enabled (authenticated with Facebook). Add the new Hashtag stream to continue monitoring hashtags relevant to your business, and use the View on Instagram button to engage on posts natively in Instagram. Each business profile can create up to 30 hashtag search streams every 7 days. Streams will display the most recent posts from the last 24 hours.
- Instagram personal profiles:
- Commenting, deleting comments, replying to comments, and assigning will no longer be supported from the personal profile My Posts stream.
- Commenting, deleting comments, and replying to comments will no longer be supported in the old Assignments Manager.
To retain the ability to engage with Instagram comments, convert your profile to a business profile. You will be able to continue commenting, replying, deleting or hiding comments in the business profile My Posts stream.
Learn about the benefits of Instagram Business profiles, and how to convert your profile to a business profile in this handy video.
To continue managing engagement on a personal Instagram profile, click the timestamp on your posts in the stream to open them in Instagram and engage there.
- Instagram mentions will no longer be available in Insights streams, as they rely on hashtag search which is being deprecated.
Hootsuite Campaigns for Contests
- The Instagram Contest and Instagram Gallery campaign types will no longer collect entries.
- Instagram hashtag entries will no longer be supported for any campaign type.
Hootsuite app directory
- TrendSpottr for Instagram will no longer be available in the Hootsuite app directory.