Business and Enterprise organizations use content libraries to store pre-approved post templates and images. Organizations can have many libraries, to share specific content with selected teams, ensuring the assets users are publishing to social are on-brand and relevant. Team members can access templates (pre-drafted with text) from the New Post menu, and craft their posts from there. Standalone content library images are accessible from the Composer's media library.
To manage an organization’s content library, see Manage your content library
In this article:
To create a post from a content library template
- Click the drop-down arrow next to New Post in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then click Content Library Templates. A template drawer will open displaying all the content libraries you have access to.
- Click to open a content library and browse its post templates. Click Filter to sort by content library tag.
- Click a template to view additional details like who created it, when it was added to the content library, and how many times it has been used. Individual image assets are not displayed here.
- Click Open in Composer on a template. The Composer will open with all the template elements pre-populated in the post. Templates that contain links will always contain the full link, so consider adding a shortener before publishing or scheduling the post.
To publish content library images
- Click New Post in the top-right corner of the dashboard to open the Composer.
- If you belong to more than one organization, ensure the correct one is selected in the top-left corner.
- Click Open Media Library.
- If you have access to any content libraries within the organization selected, they will display in the Media Library by default.
- Click to open a content library and browse its stored images assets. Post templates (text and images) are not displayed here.
- Click an image to attach it to your post.
To access content library assets from the legacy composer
- In the Compose message box, click Attach media.
- Click the Content Library tab.
- Select a library from the drop-down menu, and then select the post template or image(s) you want to publish.
To publish an asset from within the content library
Access and browse through your content libraries in the Publisher. Within the content library you can view when each asset was added or last used, the number of times it’s been used, its tags, and if applicable, its availability timeframe.
- Select Publisher from the launch menu.
- Click the Content tab along the top of the calendar.
- Under Content Sources, click Content Library.
- Select a content library from the drop-down menu. You can click Images or Messages in the top-right corner of the content library to filter it by asset type. Assets can also be sorted by age or popularity, by availability, or by tag.
- Click an asset so it turns blue, and then click Compose at the top of the content library to populate the image or template message into the composer. Templates that contain links will always contain the full link, so consider adding a shortener before publishing or scheduling the post.