Connect your Google Ads account to Ads
Manage Google Ads campaigns along with your Facebook campaigns in Hootsuite Ads. The first step is to connect a Google Ads ad account. Then publish campaigns, import existing Search, Display, and Shopping campaigns, and track their performance.
Each Hootsuite Ads user can connect one Google account (email address) to Hootsuite Ads. Any Google Ads ad accounts that email address has access to will import into Hootsuite Ads for the user to manage. Note that Google ad accounts aren't shared between Hootsuite Ads main users and subusers. Each user (including subusers) must connect their own Google email address and use its associated ad accounts in Hootsuite Ads.
Google Ads manager accounts (MCCs) can be used as umbrellas to link other ad accounts under and manage them all from one place. Up to 20 ad accounts, including MCCs, can be associated with a single Google email address, and managed within Hootsuite Ads. Note that AdWords Express/Smart accounts are not supported.
Connect your Google Ads account
- Upon signing in to Hootsuite Ads for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect your accounts. Click Connect Google Ads accounts. Or to add additional accounts, navigate to the Google Ads ad accounts page in your Settings and click Connect Google Ads.
- If you are not already signed in to Google, enter your Google login credentials (email and password).
- Click ALLOW. This gives Hootsuite Ads the required permission to manage your Google Ads campaigns. Rest assured, we will never publish anything to your account automatically!
Your Google Ads Search, Display, and Shopping ad campaigns will begin importing. This could take up to 30 minutes.
When the import is complete you will find your Google Ads campaigns listed in the main campaign search drop-down.
Disconnect your Google Ads account
Important: When a Google account is disconnected, Google's access token will be revoked for Data sync as well, meaning that any active Google data syncs will stop working. Google sheets will need to be added again to your data sync.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of your account.
- Click the Google Ads Ad Accounts tab.
- Click Disconnect your Google account.
- Click OK to confirm that the access tokens and authorization for the Google app will be deleted.
The system will remove that Google account from the application with all the data concerning your account. This will not remove any data from Google.