Manage your Google Ads Search campaigns along with your Facebook ad campaigns in Hootsuite Ads. The first step is to connect your Google Ads account, to publish your campaigns, import any existing ones, and get statistics.
Each Hootsuite Ads user can connect one Google account to Hootsuite Ads. All Google Ads accounts associated with that Google account can be imported and used if they are connected through the same Google account, or a manager account (MCC).
Google Ads manager accounts (MCCs) can be used as umbrellas to link other ad accounts under and manage them all from one place. Once connected to Hootsuite Ads, all the Google Ads accounts linked under the manager account will be available to use. Up to 20 ad accounts, including manager accounts, can be associated with a single Google email address. Note that AdWords Express/Smart accounts are not supported.
To connect your Google Ads account
- Upon signing in to Hootsuite Ads for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect your accounts. Click Connect Google Ads accounts. Or to add additional accounts, navigate to the Google Ads ad accounts page in your Settings and click Connect Google Ads.
- If you are not already signed in to Google, enter your Google login credentials (email and password).
- Click ALLOW. This gives Hootsuite Ads the required permission to manage your Google Ads campaigns. Rest assured, we will never publish anything to your account automatically!
Your Google Ads Search Campaigns will begin importing. This could take up to 30 minutes.
When the import is complete you will find your Google Ads campaigns listed in the main campaigns dashboard drop-down.
To disconnect your Google Ads account
When a Google account is disconnected, Google's access token will be revoked for Data sync as well, meaning that any active Google data syncs will stop working. Google sheets will need to be added again to your data sync.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of your account.
- Click the Google Ads Ad Accounts tab.
- Click Disconnect your Google account.
- Click OK to confirm that the access tokens and authorization for the Google app will be deleted.
The system will remove that Google account from the application with all the data concerning your account. This will not remove any data from Google.