There are three options for enabling advertising on Instagram. Select the one that best fits your business' needs:
- Connect your public Instagram account to a single Facebook Page.
- Connect your public Instagram account to an ad account within Facebook Business Manager. This lets you use it with multiple Pages.
- Use your Facebook Page to represent your business on Instagram (if you don't have an Instagram account). Instagram creates a 'fake' Instagram account for your ads with your Page's business details. With this method, your Instagram profile won't be clickable when users see your ads.
After connecting an Instagram account to your Page or ad account, sync your ad account in Hootsuite Ads so that the Instagram account is now recognized. If you choose to use your Page for Instagram ads (option 3 above), there are no extra steps. You're ready to begin creating Instagram ads and Story ads.
To connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page
- In Facebook.com, navigate to your Facebook Page.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of the Page.
- Select Instagram from the list on the left.
- Click Log in, enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password), and then click Log In again.
To connect an Instagram account via Business Manager
- Go to your Business Manager.
- Click Business Settings in the top-right corner.
- Select Accounts > Instagram Accounts from the menu on the left.
- Click Add.
- Enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password), and then click Next.
- Select the ad accounts that will have access to advertise on the Instagram account, and then click Next.
- Click Done.
If you already have Instagram accounts in your Business Manager, ensure they have at least one ad account assigned to them.