In an ongoing effort to protect user privacy and data, Facebook has implemented an approval process for apps connecting to Facebook groups.
As a result, all Facebook groups connected to the Hootsuite dashboard will need to be reauthenticated with an additional step by August 1, 2018. After this date, group functionality will stop working and scheduled messages will fail to publish until the following steps are completed by a Facebook group admin.
To continue managing Facebook groups in Hootsuite
First, a Facebook group admin needs to add Hootsuite to the group as an authorized app within the group’s settings in Facebook. Then, the group must be reconnected to the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Navigate to the group on Facebook, click ...More below the cover photo, and then select Edit Group Settings.
- Scroll down to the Apps section, and then click Add Apps.
- Select Hootsuite from the list, and then click Add.
- Click Done.
Then, in Hootsuite:
- Click this link to view a list of your Facebook groups that need to be reauthenticated.
- Click Reauthenticate, enter the Facebook credentials (username and password) for the Facebook user who is an admin of the group, and then click Log in.
- Repeat this procedure for each group connected to Hootsuite.