As a result of Facebook’s announced API updates in April which impact how partners like Hootsuite use their data, the workflow for posting content to Facebook profiles from Hootsuite Amplify will change on August 1, 2018.
The ability to publish and schedule directly to Facebook profiles will be deprecated, but a new workflow will allow Hootsuite Amplify users to continue posting content to their profiles via Facebook’s Share dialog. There are no impacts to sharing to Facebook Pages.
There are some important differences in workflow to note when using the Share dialog:
- It will no longer be possible for Amplify app users to schedule posts to Facebook profiles.
- Posts will always be editable by app users when sharing Amplify content to their Facebook profiles.
- Amplify analytics will no longer be supported for Facebook profiles.
Download the latest version of the Amplify app to your device to use the new profile sharing workflow.
If you would prefer to disable the ability for your Amplify users to share to Facebook profiles altogether, please contact your customer success manager.
To share Amplify content to a Facebook profile
- Tap Share / .
- Tap the Facebook profile icon . The text of the post will be automatically copied to your device clipboard, to be manually shared to your profile.
- Tap Open Facebook Share Dialog.
- Tap and hold “Say something about this” and then tap Paste to paste in the copied caption.
- Tap Post.
- Select the audience of your post; Public, Friends, or Only me, and then tap Done.
Learn more about how to use Hootsuite Amplify in this help article.