Manage your Pinterest publishing in Hootsuite alongside the rest of your social networks. Create and publish, or schedule pins to public or secret Pinterest boards. Save time by publishing a pin to multiple boards across multiple Pinterest accounts.
Organizations collaborating with Pinterest accounts can grant different social network permissions for those accounts to each team member. Enterprise teams can also set up publishing approval workflows to review pins before they get published.
To get started, connect your Pinterest account to Hootsuite.
- Sign in to Pinterest natively in a different browser tab.
- In Hootsuite, click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage Social Networks.
- For private use: Click (Add) + Private Network in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard.
For use within an organization: Click Manage beside the org name, and then click Add a Social Network.
- Select Pinterest from the list on the left, and then click Connect with Pinterest.
- Pinterest should recognize that you are already signed in. Click Authorize App.
More details on adding social networks.
When a Pinterest account is added to Hootsuite, Pinterest publishing becomes available in the Composer.
To publish a pin to Pinterest
- Click the drop-down arrow next to New Post, and then click New Pin.
- Click Select board(s), and then select the boards you want to add your pin to.
Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Create new board to add a new board to your Pinterest account(s).
- Under Image, drag and drop a file from your desktop, or click select files to upload. The maximum file size for uploaded images is 5MB.
Or, click Open Media Library to add a free stock image or animated GIF to your pin, or an image from an installed media library app. Only one image can be attached per pin. Videos are not supported.
Click Close Media Library in the top-right corner.
- Optional: Click Edit Image to crop it to a size specific to Pinterest, add filters and text, or make other adjustments to it. Click Save and the edited image will appear in your pin preview.
- Enter the Website URL that the pin will link to. Pinterest requires a full, valid website link here; shortened URLs are not supported.
- In the Description field, enter a description for your pin. Add emojis by clicking the smiley face in the bottom-left corner.
- Review your pin(s) in the preview on the right, and then post or schedule!
To publish the pin right away: Click Post Now in the bottom-right corner.
To schedule the pin: Click Schedule for later, select a date and time to publish the pin, click Done, and then click Schedule.
View and edit scheduled pins alongside your other scheduled content in the Publisher section of the dashboard.
Note that Hootsuite’s Pinterest integration is for publishing only, and is only available on desktop at this time.