Create a Pinterest pin
You can create, publish, and manage your Pinterest content with Hootsuite. When you create a pin, you can:
- Attach an image
- Edit and apply filters to your images
- Add a website URL that the pin links to
- Choose whether to publish your pin to public or secret boards across one or multiple Pinterest accounts
- Choose whether to publish your pin right away or to schedule it for a specific day and time
Business and Enterprise plans: Organizations managing multiple Pinterest accounts can grant different social network permissions to each team member. To learn more, see Team permissions.
Note: You can only publish and schedule pins to Pinterest with the desktop version of Hootsuite.
Before you begin
- Make sure you’ve already added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite. See Add a Pinterest account
- At least one board needs to exist in your Pinterest account, or Hootsuite won't recognize that you've added an account to Hootsuite.
Create a pin
- Go to Create new post, and then select Pin.
Business and Enterprise organizations: Select your organization.
- Select the boards you want to add your pin to under Pin to.
You can also select Create new board to add a new board to your Pinterest accounts.
If you see the message "You haven't connected any Pinterest accounts yet." but you've added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite, it means there aren't any boards in your account. At least one board needs to exist in your Pinterest account.
- In the Image area, add an image or a GIF to your pin by using one of the following options:
- Drag and drop files from your computer into the Media box.
- Select the select files to upload link. The maximum file size for uploaded images is 5MB.
- Select Open media library, and then select Free Images or GIPHY from the drop-down. Select a media file and then select Close Media Library.
Note: You can attach one image per pin. Videos are not supported.
- To edit an image, use Pinterest-specific square, optimal, or tall crop options, add filters and text, or make other adjustments to it, select Edit image under the image.
- Add a website URL that the pin will link to. Pinterest requires a full, valid website link, so shortened URLs are not supported.
- In the Description area, enter a description for your pin and add emojis.
- The character count is displayed as you compose your message.
- Select the smiley face in the bottom left to add emojis.
Publish a pin
When you’re finished creating your pin, review it in the preview on the right to see how it will look on your Pinterest boards. If the Composer detects any issues, you'll be alerted with a contextual error. To learn more, see Preview a post.
- To publish the post right away, select Post now on the bottom right of the Composer. If your message is published successfully, Hootsuite displays a confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- To schedule your pin, select Schedule for later on the bottom right of the Composer, and then select a date and time to publish the pin. Select Done, and then select Schedule.
If you want to remain in the Composer to create, publish, or schedule another post, select the drop-down arrow next to Post now (or Schedule) and then select one of the following options:
- Select Post and reuse accounts (or Schedule and reuse accounts) if you want to publish or schedule your pin and create another one immediately after. The Composer resets all fields except the selected Facebook Pages or groups for you to begin creating your next pin.
- Select Post and duplicate (or Schedule and duplicate) if you want to publish or schedule your pin and then retain it to edit and create a new, similar pin, with a unique ID. The Composer retains all elements of the previous pin.
Note: Professional, Team, Business, and Enterprise customers can also set pins to automatically publish when there are gaps in your scheduled content. See Automatically schedule a post.
For more information on how to schedule your content, see Schedule a post.