The Team Performance view helps internal teams measure how quickly and efficiently they are supporting customers and prospects on social media. Team leads can even use team metrics to gauge productivity and develop goals, since they detail work volume and resolution speed for individual team members. For example, assess the volume of incoming messages and how many assignments they generate, or track response times in Streams and Inbox to ensure your team is meeting service-level agreements.
Plans: You must be an Enterprise plan customer with Team Admin permissions to access this feature.
Open the Team Performance view in Hootsuite:
- Go to Analytics .
- If the Measure list is not visible, expand the navigation, then select Team Performance.
In this article:
Configure your Team Performance view
To set up your Team Performance view, select the social networks, team, team members, and time frame.
Note: Only the team members who have completed an action within the selected time frame will appear as an option in the Members list.
Select a date range or select two dates to compare
Select a date range to display using the date picker at the top of the page. You can also track performance trends over time by comparing two time frames. For example, you may want to compare how your performance this month compared to last month, or this year compared to last year. Date range comparisons are supported for Line, Number, List, and Column visualizations.
- Select the date picker at the top of the page.
- To display a date range, select a date range option, then select Set.
- To compare two time frames, select a date range option, select Compare with another period, select the "compared to" date range and select Set.
To remove a comparison, open the date picker, select the X next to the "compared to" date range, and select Set.
Metrics available for Team Performance
Metrics are available for all Twitter and Facebook messages assigned, replied to, and sent from Hootsuite. Whether your teams work in Streams and Assignments or in Inbox, metrics are automatically combined. The time-based team metrics are calculated by default as absolute times, assuming social support is available on a 24/7 schedule.
Note: If no data is displayed, it may be that there was nothing matching that metric during the time frame specified.
The following metrics are available in the Team Performance view:
- First response time - The time between receiving an inquiry from a customer and responding to it for the first time.
- Handling time - The time between when a message was assigned and when it was resolved.
- Overall response time - The average time it takes teams to respond to incoming messages.
- Pickup time - The time it takes an incoming message to get assigned to a team or team member.
- Resolution time - The time between when the message was received from a customer to when it was resolved.
- Messages received - The total number of messages received from customers.
- Messages - The number of Facebook and Twitter messages sent by the team through Hootsuite.
- Responses - The number of responses to messages from Inbox.
Note: Because data is retrieved in intervals, response times for the current day may not be accurate. Allow a day to ensure response times are accurate for all interactions.
Time-based team metrics are calculated assuming social support is available on a 24/7 schedule.
Different working hours can be defined for your organization. Customizing your work hours allows you to measure response time and assignment-handling speed according to your actual work schedule. For example, you can exclude weekend days from your response times if your team doesn’t work weekends.
Please reach out to your customer success manager to define the working schedule for your organization.
Note: One schedule can be defined per organization and will apply to all metrics. Setting working hours also applies them retroactively, recalculating all historical data.
Set team performance goals
You can set team performance goals to work toward over a specified time frame (for example, work volume and resolution speed). You can also view the current status for your goals in real-time.
- Select Manage Goals.
- Select Create Goal to set a target for each metric. One target can be set per metric.
- Enter a name for the goal and select the metric.
- Define the target time frame, then select Save and Continue.
Create, share, and export a team report
Create team reports to compare activity on your dedicated support channels to your other brand accounts. Filter on inbound message tags to categorize your message volume. Filter to display information specific to teams, team members, social accounts, tags, or message types. See Create and customize a report in Analytics.
You can also export team reports to PDF. Select Export as PDF on the top-right of the page. See Export or schedule an export of Analytics data.