The metric library contains the complete list of metrics available in Impact for each social network:
- Facebook and Facebook ads
- Twitter and Twitter ads
- LinkedIn and LinkedIn ads
- Instagram Business and Instagram ads
How to read the metric library
Click the link to open the metrics spreadsheet and find the tab for the social network you want to analyze activity for. The spreadsheet lists each metric's name as displayed in Impact, its equivalent (if there is one) in the social network itself, and a definition of the data it captures.
Page/post level column: This indicates whether the metric is available at the page (or account) level, or at the post (or content) level. Some metrics are available at both levels.
Learn more about page and post level metrics.
Journey stage column: You can assess the success of your content by using the metrics that most closely align with your goals. Many metrics in Hootsuite Impact are mapped against a basic customer journey through a typical marketing funnel. This column indicates the stage in that journey that the metric measures performance for.
The customer journey stages in order are:
- Affinity: How does your audience feel about your content?
- Awareness: How much of your audience is your content reaching?
- Consumption: How much of your content is your audience consuming?
- Conversation: How much is your audience engaging with your content?
- Intent/Conversion: Is your content driving conversions on your website?
Tip: Are you looking to monitor a custom metric not available on the list? Ask your customer success manager about setting up a new calculated metric. Custom metrics can be viewed in My Analytics, Browse Content, and Filter Content.