Publish or schedule videos to your Twitter profiles, Instagram profiles, or Facebook Pages, profiles or groups. Videos must be .mp4 and can't exceed 40 frames per second.
For videos published to Facebook, you have the option to add a video title and category, and for videos published to Facebook Pages, you can customize the thumbnail image that displays for your video. These video details will only appear in Facebook when posting to more than one social network.
Facebook video file requirements:
- file size: 1GB
- video length: 20 minutes
- aspect ratio: between 16:9 and 9:16
Twitter video file requirements:
- file size: 512MB
- video length: 140 seconds
- aspect ratio: between 1:3 and 3:1 (1280 x 1024 pixels max)
Instagram video file requirements:
- video length: 60 seconds
Publishing videos to Instagram requires v3.5+ of the Hootsuite mobile app.
To publish a video
- In the compose message box, tap Photo upload and select an existing video from your device.
- If publishing to Facebook, tap the thumbnail and then tap Edit to add a title and video category, and then tap Done in the top-right corner.
- If publishing to a Facebook Page, tap Change Thumbnail to select a different thumbnail option, or upload your own.
Videos published to Facebook appear as shares in the Page, profile or group timeline. Videos published to Pages or profiles are also added to the video library of that Page or profile. Videos published to groups are added to the video library of the associated Facebook profile.
The video title is visible when the video is clicked on for viewing.