You can enable comment moderation at the channel or individual video level using YouTube. If you enable moderation, comments require approval before they can go live. For more information, see the YouTube help article Learn about comment settings. When comment moderation is enabled, you can moderate comments in Hootsuite YouTube Moderate streams. For information on creating YouTube playlists in Hootsuite, see Add or remove a video from a YouTube playlist.
Anyone can report a comment to YouTube as spam/abuse. When enough users report a comment as spam, that comment is hidden in the comments thread. If you report a comment on your own video, it is immediately removed from your Hootsuite streams and YouTube video comments. For more information, see the YouTube help article Report inappropriate content.
Note: YouTube filters comments that it thinks are spam. You can find these in the Likely Spam stream. This stream does not include comments that have been marked as spam by users.
- Delete comments on your own videos.
- Block specific users from commenting on videos on your channel.
- Delete your own comments from any video at any time.
- Publish your own comments on your moderated videos without going through the moderation process.
Moderate YouTube comments
- Go to Streams , and then go to a YouTube Moderate or Likely Spam stream.
- Select Approve, Delete, or Reply below the comment.
Important: When you reply to a comment in the YouTube Moderate stream, that comment is automatically approved and published.
Report a comment as spam/abuse
- Go to Streams , and then go to a YouTube stream.
- Go to the comment you want to report, select More Actions next to the comment, and then select Report Spam/Abuse.
Hide someone's comments from your channel
- Go to Streams , and then go to the YouTube stream.
- Go to the comment you want to report, select More Actions next to the comment, and then select Hide user's comments on this channel.
To learn more about using YouTube with Hootsuite, see YouTube FAQ.