As a last troubleshooting step for issues with your social networks, revoke Hootsuite’s native access to them, and then reconnect them to the dashboard. This effectively gives you a clean slate to start from. Be aware that reconnecting each social network can be a very manual process.
So long as the social network is not removed from the dashboard, revoking any social network with the following steps will not affect or remove any of its scheduled content, nor will it delete or impact your Hootsuite account. Only the connection between Hootsuite and the social networks is impacted.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your Twitter account
- Sign in to Twitter using: https://twitter.com/settings/applications.
- Select Revoke access beside Hootsuite.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your Facebook account
- Sign in to Facebook using: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools.
- Select the box next to Hootsuite.
- Select Remove.
Important: Revoking Facebook access disconnects any Facebook Pages your profile is admin of, and any Instagram Business profiles linked to those Pages. Each Instagram profile will need to be reconnected individually.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your YouTube or GoogleMyBusiness account
- Sign in to Google using:
- Select Hootsuite, or Hootsuite-GoogleMyBusiness App, and then select Remove Access on the right.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your LinkedIn account
- Sign in to LinkedIn using: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/third-party-applications.
- Select Remove beside Hootsuite.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your Instagram account
- Sign in to Instagram using: https://instagram.com/accounts/manage_access/.
- Select Remove below Hootsuite, and then select Remove again to confirm.
To revoke Hootsuite access to your Pinterest account
- Sign in to Pinterest using: https://www.pinterest.ca/settings
- Scroll down to Apps at the bottom of the page.
- Select Revoke Access beside Hootsuite.
- Select Revoke Access again to confirm.