Publish or schedule videos to your Twitter profiles, Facebook Pages, Facebook groups, LinkedIn Pages, and Instagram profiles. Instagram business profiles with direct publishing enabled can publish video directly to Instagram with the steps below, just like the rest of your social networks. If they aren't enabled for direct publishing, they will use the mobile notification workflow.
Video publishing to Instagram personal profiles uses the mobile notification workflow, which requires the Instagram app and the latest version of the Hootsuite app installed on your mobile device. See Share posts to personal Instagram profiles for more details.
To publish YouTube videos, see Publish or schedule a video to YouTube
Video file requirements
To publish a video
- In the Composer under Media, click select a file to upload.
- Select the video file and then click Open. When the video has finished processing, review any errors that may appear in the post preview on the right, and make any necessary changes.
- Facebook Pages: Click Edit video details, and then select a thumbnail preview, or click Add a new thumbnail to upload your own. Enter a video title, and then click Done. The video title is visible when the video is clicked on for viewing.
- Complete the other elements of your post, and then send or schedule as usual.
Text is required to accompany a LinkedIn video, but videos can be shared on their own to the other social networks.
Videos published to Facebook Pages are also added to the video library of that Page.
Note: Large videos may publish after a delay to allow for processing. Videos cannot be edited or rescheduled within 15 minutes of publication to allow time for processing and sending to the social network. If the publish time is important, we recommend scheduling the video at least 60 minutes in advance. Hootsuite can then mitigate the delay and begin processing well before the scheduled time.
Publishing video from the legacy composer
Video publishing is supported for Twitter, Facebook, and personal Instagram profiles in the legacy composer.
To publish a video
- In the compose message box, click Attach media.
- Click choose files to upload, select the video file and then click Open, or drag-and-drop a video file from your desktop.
- Facebook Pages: Under Video Details, click Add a title to enter a title for the video, or select a video category from the drop-down menu.
Categories tag the video to increase discoverability. They are not displayed publicly.
- Facebook Pages: Click the left or right arrows under the thumbnail image to select a thumbnail preview, or click Replace image to upload your own thumbnail.