Publish or schedule videos to your Twitter profiles, Instagram profiles, Facebook Pages, Facebook groups, or LinkedIn Pages. Text is required to accompany a LinkedIn video, but videos can be shared on their own to the other social networks.
Video publishing to Instagram, to both personal and business profiles, uses the mobile notification workflow, which requires the Instagram app and the latest version of the Hootsuite app installed on your mobile device. See Share Posts to Instagram for more details.
To publish YouTube videos, see Publish or Schedule a video to YouTube
Video file requirements
To publish a video
- In the Composer under Media, click select a file to upload.
- Select the video file and then click Open.
- Facebook Pages: Click Edit video details, and then select a thumbnail preview, or click Add a new thumbnail to upload your own. Enter a video title, and then click Done.
- Complete the other elements of your post, and then send or schedule as usual.
Videos published to Facebook Pages are also added to the video library of that Page. The video title is visible when the video is clicked on for viewing.
Note: Large videos may publish after a delay of up to a few minutes when processing. If the publish time is extremely important we recommend scheduling the video at least 60 minutes in advance. This will allow Hootsuite to mitigate the delay by beginning the processing well before the scheduled time.
Publishing video from the old compose box
Video publishing is supported for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram in the old compose box.
To publish a video
- In the compose message box, click Attach media .
- Click choose files to upload, select the video file and then click Open, or drag-and-drop a video file from your desktop.
- Facebook Pages: Under Video Details, click Add a title to enter a title for the video, or select a video category from the drop-down menu.
Categories tag the video to increase discoverability. They are not displayed publicly.
- Facebook Pages: Click the left or right arrows under the thumbnail image to select a thumbnail preview, or click Replace image to upload your own thumbnail.