The super admin that creates an organization is the paying member of the account. This super admin cannot leave the organization, and is the only one who can delete it.
Any non-paying members of an organization can choose to leave at any time. Those with admin or super admin organization permissions need those permissions removed before they can leave. Another admin/super admin can remove the permissions.
In this article:
What if the paying super admin leaves the company?
In this case a team member needs to take over the Hootsuite account that contains the organization by updating the email address on the account. The team member will assume paying member status and free up their team member seat.
Or you can recreate the organization in another paid Hootsuite account and transfer any social networks over to it. It is not possible to transfer an organization between Hootsuite accounts.
To leave an organization
Leaving an organization means losing access to its social networks, assets, and any features not included in your own Hootsuite account's plan type.
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select View Details under the organization name.
- Click the gear icon beside the organization name, and then select Leave Organization.
- Click OK.
To delete an organization
Deleting an organization permanently deletes all of its content. This includes teams, social networks, scheduled content, tags, and vanity URLs. Deleted organizations cannot be retrieved.
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Manage under the organization name.
- Click the gear icon beside the organization name, and then select Delete Organization.
- Review everything that will be permanently deleted along with the organization.
- Click Delete Organization to confirm.